Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Incredible!

Discussion in 'Pedigrees' started by Tabitha, May 5, 2014.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I can't believe this! After 10 years we've FINALLY found F-kap's AKC papers!:eek2: I thought they were LONG gone! With it were the names of his breeders and where he came from, which were a disappointment. I found out that he more than likely isn't F-kap Sr's grandson like I was told he was, and that he's from... uhg... Pet's Plus. That would explane why he started having hip problems at a young age (6). Poor breeding = poor senior years. I was very young when my dad got him for me and all I knew was what he told me, but I really can't get mad at him for not telling me the truth. He probably didn't know what he was saying, he'd had a stroke that year and he mixes things up sometimes. Non of this changes anything about what my boy means to me, it's just nice to know where he came from, even if it is disappointing.

Now the big thing, can I register him after all these years and what kind of fee will I face?! I don't think it really matters, it'd just be something to hang on my wall.:rolleyes2: But I'd still like to have it.

PS I also found is first vet bill and WOW! Puppy shots were cheep back then!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    It's just like with people. You go digging into your ancestry, and sometimes you get some surprises. :eek2: Still, it's great to find the papers. Just call AKC -- they'll fill you in.

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sometimes family is more than just blood :wink2: F-Kap was his grandpa in many ways.

4. Tabitha

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Thanks, I will! The papers say "$65 if you are submitting after Febuary 16, 2006" (which is odd since he was born in 2004) so I'm guessing the fee is probably $65? But an 8 year late fee?! Yikes!
    Oh and his mother and father where only a year old when they were breed! :gaah

5. Tabitha

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    VERY true! They'er both wonderful dogs. I've always said that F-kap's lived up to his grandfather's name and then some. F-kap the first was a wonderful wonderful dog. There'll always be a connection between the two in my heart, blood may be thicker than water, but love can move mountains!:biggrin2:

6. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Looks like it will be $95 to register him...if thats what you really want to spend your money on...I personally wouldnt bother wasting $95...but to each their own...

http://www.akc.org/reg/fee_schedule.cfm

7. Tabitha

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Ugh! And I'll want his pedigree to, so it'll be $111! I've never spent that much money on a wall hanger. It doesn't look like he'll get registered any time soon, but if I have a very good reason (other than just a wall hanger) and I have the money, then I may. Is there a way I can get just his pedigree?

8. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Dickens isn't registered and never will be, but his parents' four-generation pedigrees were available for somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 each. Get them as a starting point and using pedigreelines.com you can probably flesh out a pretty good lineage.

9. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Because I have no intention of breeding ( Hanna is spayed) I have no particular use for that piece of paper and lots of other stuff I could spend my pet $$$ on. If anything goes on my wall it will be a photo of my beautiful girl. Whatever makes you happy...

10. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Don't you love the stuff you find while getting ready to move?

Had to mention your move again, soooo glad you're moving :razz: