Indy is a sneak!

My Border Collie Max was an expert at this sort of thing.

Back when I was married to THE JERK, we would go up to west TN to visit family and take the dogs (at that time, two - Sheltie and BC) with us. My great uncle and aunt had a full one-bedroom apartment with separate entrance attached to the back of his house that we would always stay in. They also had a big herd of beef cattle (about 30 head) and a small flock of sheep (about 10-15 head). The entrance to this apartment was overlooking the road to the barn and the upper pastures.

It was away from the main road by quite a bit, so there was no harm in letting the boys run the pastures a little bit. (But always supervised from the top of the hill.)

So guess what Max would do? He would find the filthiest, nastiest, most puke-inspiring piece of (sheep poop, cow poop, horse poop, dead squirrels, etc) he could find and bring it back INSIDE. It became necessary to do a cheek check when going in for the night. There were a couple of times he managed to get past me, though. And what did he bring inside? The five-day-old innards of a field-dressed deer! It was RANK and I was DISGUSTED. I think I yelled "DROP IT" so loud the poor guy almost peed on the floor.

I'm totally cracked up here!!!! :lol:
 
My Border Collie Max was an expert at this sort of thing.

Back when I was married to THE JERK, we would go up to west TN to visit family and take the dogs (at that time, two - Sheltie and BC) with us. My great uncle and aunt had a full one-bedroom apartment with separate entrance attached to the back of his house that we would always stay in. They also had a big herd of beef cattle (about 30 head) and a small flock of sheep (about 10-15 head). The entrance to this apartment was overlooking the road to the barn and the upper pastures.

It was away from the main road by quite a bit, so there was no harm in letting the boys run the pastures a little bit. (But always supervised from the top of the hill.)

So guess what Max would do? He would find the filthiest, nastiest, most puke-inspiring piece of (sheep poop, cow poop, horse poop, dead squirrels, etc) he could find and bring it back INSIDE. It became necessary to do a cheek check when going in for the night. There were a couple of times he managed to get past me, though. And what did he bring inside? The five-day-old innards of a field-dressed deer! It was RANK and I was DISGUSTED. I think I yelled "DROP IT" so loud the poor guy almost peed on the floor.

That's too funny! This was my first clue that there was something weird going on with the dog poop in the backyard this winter (i.e. why Bacca's part of the lawn was always poop free) When I would go to call the dogs back inside after breakfast, Indy would always hesitate before coming running in. He was tucking in his final "snack" before coming indoors! Eeew! :ick
 
That's too funny! This was my first clue that there was something weird going on with the dog poop in the backyard this winter (i.e. why Bacca's part of the lawn was always poop free) When I would go to call the dogs back inside after breakfast, Indy would always hesitate before coming running in. He was tucking in his final "snack" before coming indoors! Eeew! :ick

:ick Eww ...
double :ick Eww !
 
wow...
and I once told Everett to spit it out, to find a chicken wing tip. that's about all i have ever caught him eating....
 
Once Max the BC developed this habit of trying to bring nasty things into the house, the Sheltie-in-residence (Neechee) learned to snitch him out by being a bit too interested in sniffing his face.
 
Once Max the BC developed this habit of trying to bring nasty things into the house, the Sheltie-in-residence (Neechee) learned to snitch him out by being a bit too interested in sniffing his face.

Aaah! I've got photo's of Bacca doing the same thing....

The first picture is Bacca sniffing out Indy...
The seond picture is Bacca recoiling in disgust at Indy's breath. :ick

Ok, I'm killing myself here! Laughing at my own pictures....but you have to admit that Bacca's expression is priceless!
 

Attachments

  • P6146382.jpg
    P6146382.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P6146391.jpg
    P6146391.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
Aaah! I've got photo's of Bacca doing the same thing....

The first picture is Bacca sniffing out Indy...
The seond picture is Bacca recoiling in disgust at Indy's breath. :ick

Ok, I'm killing myself here! Laughing at my own pictures....but you have to admit that Bacca's expression is priceless!

I've seen that look before! You only need to add a bit more horrified surprise to the recoil expression!
 
I've seen that look before! You only need to add a bit more horrified surprise to the recoil expression!

The horrified expression would be MY face....the dialogue goes like this:

"Indy! Drop it, drop it, drop it! No-o-o-o-o! Do NOT bring that into the house.....uugh! You freakin' hid it in your mouth! Out, out, out! And NO! Don't you DARE lick me! Disgusting dog!":ick:ick
 
Back
Top