Interceptor Spectrum

Cmitch9999

Forums Novice
Has anyone tried this new formula of interceptor? My vet doesn't have a supply so they subsituted the heartguard plus. I am too nervous about a reaction to give it to my Sheltie Lexie. I searched and have found that there are options to purchase the new interceptor spectrum online. It contains the same active ingredient as the old interceptor plus another worm medicine.

Thanks!!
Chris
 
We also had to switch from Interceptor. :( We now use Revolution, safer for Shelties than HeartGard....But if your dog does not have the MDR1 gene, HeartGard is safe as far as I know....
 
My understanding from the drug rep is that Interceptor Spectrum (Milbemycin plus some other stuff) is currently available in the UK, not in the US, but they are 'hoping' to have it available in the US by next summer. -Dr. Mac
 
I found the same Interceptor Spectrum myself today and was wondering if anyone had tried it yet. If this is the new formula why haven't the "vets" gotten it before the other companies? I still have one more month left of the old Interceptor but will try the new stuff if that's what the new formula is going to be.
 
I have been using Interceptor Spectrum for the last several months and the dogs are doing great on it. It's the same as Interceptor, basically with "Droncit" added as a tapeworm treatment. We are getting ours through www.usapetexpress.com
 
Back
Top