I've got the brushes, but what scissors???

Linda are these Fromm mini thinners left handed or right. I am left handed too and this is one of the reasons I don't do alot of cutting/trimming . Can't afford good left handed equipment. However, one day I might like to try and show my own puppy and Ember is just begging to be my practice dummy. (don't tell her)

I'm not sure that Ember and her beautiful full fluffy coat will be onboard with this idea!!
 
I'm not sure that Ember and her beautiful full fluffy coat will be onboard with this idea!!


She is the perfect canidate. Spayed and grow that grows like wildfire. So a bad haircut will grow out in a couple weeks.:smile2:

I would used Justice but he doesn't grow ear around his ears much at all. Rachel trimmed him over 4 months ago and he just now needs trimming. His hocks and feathers don't grow at all. I have not trimmed his hocks in over 9 months except to even it slightly and his hair is half Ember's length right after a trim.. No kidding.:( Only place Justice grows hair is the bottom of his feet and around his toes.
 
I use small rounded scissors for the feet. The ones I have do a good job...and I just got them at Wal-Mart or something similar.

I like them because I've got shakey hands (osteo-arthristis) so I feel more confident doing the feet with these scissors.

On a related note....I just found a place today that sharpens grooming tools, so maybe finally I can get full value out of my Duble Duck and Heritage Scissors. I just can't understand why they were shipped to be so dull?????
 
I have a (2 pairs) 4" round point scissor,and a 6" straight scissor.

Both very sharpe,still now almost a year after purchase. I do know one thing,the one pair of 4" round points I bought in Walmart,have held thier edge very well.

I got them in the hair care section.I figured...well they are cheap so I would not be out much. The other pair,plus my thinning shears I got off Ebay.And very pleased with them.
 
Back
Top