Jasper is coming home!

Please be careful with puppyfind....

I think they may have puppymills advertise on their site....maybe someone else will chime in here. I could be wrong.

Jasper is from one of our members, Janet, and his litter is featured on the thread Emma and her nine puppies.
 
I have used puppyfind to list my puppies. They have a pretty good set of rules for listing in terms of the required age for the pup for sale, etc. Its just an ad site...of course a puppy mill COULD list there, but that's no indication that every listing is a trouble listing. Trouble signs to look for: breeder won't let you see the whole litter, or the parents; discourages onsite visits, will ship puppies anywhere, does not interview prospective parents for the puppies, failure to provide vet examination and first set(s) of shots for the puppies...

The internet is a wonderful tool for finding ANYTHING...but the rule is BUYER BEWARE, SELLER BEWARE. You need to take the time to check out the source before committing.

There's bit a good bit of mudslinging that's gone on in a few of the threads. I'd recommend that everyone put a safety on the tendency to cry foul and instead look at each situation individually.
 
Jasper is coming home!`

I tried to do some research before settling on our little girl. I was given the vet's name...and I called him after googling him. He was in the Missouri state legislature. Hopefully this is a proper site and this is a good purchase....
 
Hi,
I was reading this thread and wondered if Jasper was the same Jasper I saw on puppyfind where I picked our our little girl. If so, he's a beauty! Our girl arrives on Saturday and since we haven't been in the puppy business for 11 years, we are buying all new stuff...
Enjoy your baby!!!

Thank you..much appreciated,and you to!
 
I have used puppyfind to list my puppies. They have a pretty good set of rules for listing in terms of the required age for the pup for sale, etc. Its just an ad site...of course a puppy mill COULD list there, but that's no indication that every listing is a trouble listing. Trouble signs to look for: breeder won't let you see the whole litter, or the parents; discourages onsite visits, will ship puppies anywhere, does not interview prospective parents for the puppies, failure to provide vet examination and first set(s) of shots for the puppies...

The internet is a wonderful tool for finding ANYTHING...but the rule is BUYER BEWARE, SELLER BEWARE. You need to take the time to check out the source before committing.
....


I agree...
I got Toffee from Kijiji and since I wasn't looking for a show dog (although NOW I am loving the idea, for my next dog lol) I just wanted a pet quality companion. So she is a hobby breeder, but she sure as heck isn't a puppy mill supplier just because she uses the Internet to advertise her puppies :)

She has been there to answer my questions and been very good in sharing her experiences with me... She also "grilled me" before she let me buy him. In hindsight I think Toffee was too young etc, but that was my fault I could have picked another breeder had I known what I know now about socialization between week 6 and 8! However, I went there to pick Toffee up, got to see all the dogs in the house and around the farmand the horses and it was a great road trip to pick up my new baby! Wouldn't trade him in for all the better looking show dogs in the world... lol

http://earlydawnshelties.homestead.com/TheFarm.html

PS, are there any more Jasper Videos/Photos I may have missed???
 
Last edited:
Back
Top