Junior Handler Number

danisgoat

Moderator
Does anyone know the process of showing a Junior Handler in AKC Agility?

I do believe that I need to get a Junior Handler Number. I signed up at this website:
http://www.akc.org/kids_juniors/jrnoform.cfm

But I wasn't sure the process of getting credit as a Junior Showman in Agility (and for that matter Rally and Obedience as well).

Thanks
Dani
 
Junior Handler

You got me stumped. I did not even know they needed a number and I dont really know any Junior Handlers to ask to help you out.:no:
 
Yes, you'll need a Jrs number.

You'll use the number in companion/performance events, too, but you'll also need to have the judge fill out a form that certifies that the junior was the one handling the dog. According to the AKC website, these forms should be available with the show superintendent. (Or, and I would suggest doing this, you can download and print out a few copies here, and bring one along to the trial for the judge to fill out.)
 
Last edited:
Awesome, Megan!

That form is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the link. I read somewhere that I needed to take a form/certificate to the judge to sign, but I wasn't able to find the form.

Thanks a bunch.
Dani
 
Yeah, unfortunately it's sometimes hard to find what you need on the AKC website!

I loved doing Juniors - I dabbled in agility and obedience, too, but I wasn't a serious competitor by any means. But the whole program is great. Good luck!
 
Chances are, my daughter will not be doing any Junior Showmanship, as our Shelties are spayed and my daughter is less than thrilled with working my mom's setters :lol: But she really has a blast working in Agility, Rally, and Obedience. She is a good handler, so I know she will do well. At our 4-H fair last month she received both a HIT at our Obedience Invitational, and a High Combined for all three events (Agility, Obedience, and Rally). Although this is sometimes common to get with one dog.....she did it with two dogs. She got the HIT with Vinca and the High Combined with Chloe.

OK....done bragging :o

Thanks again.
 
Last edited:
This might not make a difference, but you can absolutely show spayed/neutered dogs in Junior Showmanship!

But it sounds like she's already on a roll - that's a record worth bragging about! :biggrin2:
 
I don't know any technical information, but good luck to your daughter. IF you have any video you are comfortable uploading (I know how kids can be with that kind of stuff), we would love to see your pups and kid in motion!

I know she'll have a blast.
 
Back
Top