Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

just adopted a sheltie mix

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by lucylu92, Aug 5, 2013.

1. lucylu92

lucylu92 Forums Novice

Aug 5, 2013
    las vegas
    Hi i live in las vegas. i actually just moved here and i went to the lied animal shelter and fell in love with my sheltie mix.

they said they think shes about 6 years old and they found her as a stray.

i wonder what shes mixed with? I want to post a picture and see if you guys can help me out.

her belly was shaved because they spayed her but her hair is kind of fuzzy and wavy all over like its growing out?

im wondering if her hair will grow anymore?

any advice is appreciated:smile2:

2. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to the forum Lucylu92.You will find tons of information on Shelties from very knowledgable Sheltie owners. We love to see pictures.

3. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    My last dog was half Sheltie, half something in the way of yellow Lab. He got all the undercoat, but none of the overcoat, with the result that he shed continually all over the place. But he was a very loving and gentle dog; a bit of a wimp, and incredibly smart. He was the only dog I ever saw that could unwind himself from a pole by going in the opposite direction.

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Welcome to the Nation Lucylu! We love shelties of all kind, pure and mixed. It'll be exciting to try to find out what she's mixed with. LOTS of pix are in order.:biggrin2:

5. Lunatic59

Lunatic59 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to SN, Lucylu92. Our first experience with shelties was a mix with a pomeranian. Can't wait to see pictures. :smile2:

6. missus_e

missus_e Forums Regular

Aug 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Welcome - my very first dog was a sheltie/dachshund mix, to date the best dog I've ever known. :) Would love to see pictures!

7. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    We have a Sheltie/Pomeranian mix and 2 purebred shelties. Welcome to the group!

8. maddiesmom

maddiesmom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2011
    port orchard wa
    Our forever girl, Miss Ellie, was a Sheltie/Pom mix. We now have three Purebred Shelties and are considering our 4th!

9. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Congrats on the new dog and I applaud you for giving a shelter dog a new home. Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pics.

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome -- looking forward to name and pics! :pop