Kurgo Discount

I know--I have been thinking a lot about car safety recently and just don't have the information to make any decisions. Some people say wire crates, some say plastic, some say harnesses, etc...

I'm even trying to figure out the best placement (away from the crumple zone) but then I wonder if it's all just luck (how you get hit, etc...) it's so hard to pick the best thing.

Sadly, I think it's how you get hit and how hard you get hit.
For example, I was in a car accident, got t-boned. Went to the chiro and he said he's never seen injuries like mine. I basically had side whiplash. Obviously, most ppl that went to him, get hit from behind or front. So, even if it's crash tested straight on, what if you get hit from the side, or roll, etc? My seatbelt dug into my neck creating a lovely abbrasion. My side airbags didn't go off. Neither did the front ones.

There was a site that did testing on crates. I think it was part of the crates website to sell it. It's some major sturdy crate. They did some tests on plastic crates. But like everyone else, they use stuffed dogs for test subjects. We need the car industry to make doggie test dummies.
 
Oh cool. I'd love a photo.

I thought they were crash tested at 30mph with no injureis. Did I read that wrong?

This what the website says:

Snoozer Pet Safety Harness and Adapter together in one package the best way to secure your dog in the car. Only harness to be crash tested at the same standards of a child safety seat (30 lbs. at 30mph). Secures dog in back seat in the event of an accident and helps avoid injury to your dog during sudden stops. The unique vest design fits around your dog’s chest. 1 Year Limited Warranty.


It says it was tested, but doesn't specify results. It says helps avoid injuries to your dog during sudden stops. Doesn't say if it prevents injury in an accident.

On petco's website it does say helps avoid injury during sudden stops or accident. So..who knows? I can you can always email or call the company.
 
Back
Top