Lazy Susan....

Yes, call it the Lazy Barb! It wouldn't be the first time! :wink2:

Since I like to groom on the floor sitting down, in front of the TV, moving around the dog while I groom is awful! My knees complain everytime I have to shift position! And my knees complain even more if I stand for too long! (It sucks to get old!)

With this baby, I can stash it in a closet until I'm ready to groom, then plunk it down.

Ontario Sheltie - you are right, you would not want the spin mechanism to be too loose. It should definitely require some pressure to turn it, else every brush stroke would spin the dog!

Ron/Jan/Vicky2 - let's talk specs offline. I think a minimum 30 to 36" in diameter though. I did a quick measure of Bacca lying down and that should do it. I'll PM you both!
 
I usually groom Iris on the floor also... and when she gets sick of it she jumps onto my lap and squeezes up against me hahah so I have a hard time... although we have none of that, this lazy barb would be quite efficient !!
 
I'm a sit-on-the-floor groomer, too. Of course, after doing four Shelties, it takes a crane and a winch to get me back on my feet. Ouch!!! :razz:
 
I'm a sit-on-the-floor groomer, too. Of course, after doing four Shelties, it takes a crane and a winch to get me back on my feet. Ouch!!! :razz:

Oh, I know that feeling! At least with the Lazy Barb, I wouldn't have to do the contortionist moves to maneuver pups into various positions on top of it! (You know what I mean - one leg swung over the head in a necklock, while you trim their back feet!
 
Oh, I know that feeling! At least with the Lazy Barb, I wouldn't have to do the contortionist moves to maneuver pups into various positions on top of it! (You know what I mean - one leg swung over the head in a necklock, while you trim their back feet!

Okay. I admit. I love Miko. I too groom on the floor. Feet are done with him upside down between my legs (head at my feet). Then I lie him on one side while I brush, then flip him over to the other side. He sits up to face me, or face to the side of me, while I do his ears. Pop him up and turn him around for the other ear. He's so complacent. No necklock needed.

Then we have Koji. He'll actually lie upside down for his feet (but pulls them away constantly). Refuses to lie on his side. And will only sit for his teeth being brushed. His ears look wild and crazy cuz he won't let me cut his hair.

I love Miko. ;)
 
Okay. I admit. I love Miko. I too groom on the floor. Feet are done with him upside down between my legs (head at my feet). Then I lie him on one side while I brush, then flip him over to the other side. He sits up to face me, or face to the side of me, while I do his ears. Pop him up and turn him around for the other ear. He's so complacent. No necklock needed.

Then we have Koji. He'll actually lie upside down for his feet (but pulls them away constantly). Refuses to lie on his side. And will only sit for his teeth being brushed. His ears look wild and crazy cuz he won't let me cut his hair.

I love Miko. ;)

Everytime I groom Indy he keeps laying on his back with all 4 legs in the air....belly rubs, please, belly rubs! "No, Indy, I need you on your side" Hence the necklock!
 
Okay. I admit. I love Miko. I too groom on the floor. Feet are done with him upside down between my legs (head at my feet). Then I lie him on one side while I brush, then flip him over to the other side. He sits up to face me, or face to the side of me, while I do his ears. Pop him up and turn him around for the other ear. He's so complacent. No necklock needed.

That's almost Callie's way- when she's on her back, her feet are at my feet and when I finish that part, I flip her onto one side and then the other. I do her ears then too. Sitting up for that is too much effort on her part :wink2:
 
Haha, nah, my brother.
We have a lot of stuff to do this week so maybe it'll be done next week?
I guess, I can't wait either. I hope the scratch comes outs good. :)
 
Back
Top