Lil' Lady

Hey we have relates here. Jamie is a Shakem's half brother so he is Shelby's uncle. Birch's mom Ada is also a half sister so he and Shelby are cousins. Monet is grandsire to Jamie, Shakem and Ada so Lil Lady so realted to them all.:smile2: Diva is related though Monet's sire.

yes they do carry alot of coat, Jamie has a massive coat so thick but so correct. He is like telfon nothing sticks to him.

Glad you also know how these coats are. I love the teflon, yep nothing sticks to Lil' Lady either. Monet is a beautiful one, his line produces lovely shelties.
Lucky has the Barwood line in him, and his coat is really nice but silky, and thick, but nothing like her Royal Highness.

I tell Lil' Lady if someone would take you, they sure would pay me to take you back. No ransom here. They sure would not want to groom her. Good thing I dearly love my girl.

Its really interesting how they are related!!!
 
Shelby says hello to l her relatives out there! What a coinsidence.

We also groom Shelby ourselves, and I too am trimming her feet and nails constantly. On top of brushing her a few times a week. Her coat is beautiful and our vet always comments on how nice it is. But I am telling you that hair grows overnight. I could not believe how bad Shelby's butt was in a few days. I thought I was a terrible mom letting it get so thick. Spent a long time getting that under coat out. Thank goodness she was so patient.

This weekend will be bath time. I have the same trouble getting her wet with that teflon fur. It takes forever to get her washed and rinsed. But she will be nice and squeeky clean for Christmas.
 
Shelby says hello to l her relatives out there! What a coinsidence.

We also groom Shelby ourselves, and I too am trimming her feet and nails constantly. On top of brushing her a few times a week. Her coat is beautiful and our vet always comments on how nice it is. But I am telling you that hair grows overnight. I could not believe how bad Shelby's butt was in a few days. I thought I was a terrible mom letting it get so thick. Spent a long time getting that under coat out. Thank goodness she was so patient.

This weekend will be bath time. I have the same trouble getting her wet with that teflon fur. It takes forever to get her washed and rinsed. But she will be nice and squeeky clean for Christmas.

Can't affoard a groomer for the way this hair grows. Lil' Lady's butt is the same way along with the feet and nails. I bet your vet and techs say the same as mine, wheres the skin through all of this coat for her yearly shots. I think (?) her undercoat is finished, hope it isn't my imagination.

I laughed so hard at her, bought her a santa hat to wear, I swear she flashed the lashes, aren't I beautiful? Lucky shook his elf hat off. The sheltie statue will have to wear it.
 
I groom Lady. She has to be trimmed up every two weeks. I am talking paws and poop shoot. Hair dryer: I have a blower that is very dog friendly. Has all types of temps on it, and it has a nice blower on it.

Its just not the undercoat on her, its her top coat too, its thick and coarse. Right now I have the undercoat I think off of her, and her top coat is very dense. When I give her a bath, JUST JOKING, I really need a power wash sprayer, it takes awhile to get her coat wet down to the skin, and rinsing takes quite awhile too.

The genes from her dad are sure in her. Dad's breeder in her lines all have these very thick coats. Lucky has a silky coat and its all together different to handle but his coat is thick also.

The vets and the techs can not believe either one of them.


What make and model blow dryer do you use?

Thanks,

Dekade
 
It is a Conair Ion Shine 1875. What I like about this human hair dryer is that it has three temps, hot,warm, cool. I am not concerned as much about how much air that it blows (it does a good job) its the temp control. The "hot" gets pretty darn hot on all of them.

I know some hair dryers don't have all the temps on them, that is why I like this one. Conair is a great dryer, and it has endurance of lasting. Plus the fact it does not cost an arm and a leg. I'm trying to remember where I bought it, but it could have been Walgreens. I bought a iron for my hair at Miejer Grocery Store. I could not believe what a great deal I got there.

(I have naturally curly hair and it does what it wants) What I got that iron for there I could not get over it. $12 vs another place I shop that the prices are a whole lot higher. I about fainted even has a button for wet or dry hair. Ok I am on humans. Just an example what I look for, results.

I get into this with all this beauty care, its not the cost how it works, what counts is the endurance,temps, results. I know someone, if she doesn't spend $50 or more on something like this it isn't worth a da##. LOL
 
If you are to to continue to groom at home, then I really do recommend a high velocity dryer. I tried human dryers on my dogs after baths and gave up. It just too too long that it wasn't even worth trying anymore.

I had to laugh about the teflon coat. That is Bacca for sure! Getting him wetted down just to get shampoo to lather enough in his coat is a 15 minute exercise. He truly has (had) the coat that Sheltiesm were bred for.
 
Back
Top