Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lord, help me!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by DianeP, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Darren, there's nothing like almost losing them to put things in perspective!

Hanne, ghggp, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Wow Darren...just wow!!!
    I imagine your day must be a lot like this....MONTY!......MONTY!.......MONTY!.....MONTY!......
    He'll slow down eventually, to a point lol.
    Piper is a really good boy but at 5 there are still things he loves to do, especially in the morning. As Diane said 'she feels like she's yelling at her'....same as Piper except I know what he wants....
    He barks for his breakfast, barks for his banana (yup...thanks mom for getting him hooked on them) and then he just barks some more for no reason:lol:. So in the morning (and throughout the day when he wants a treat) bark bark bark bark means feed me feed me feed me!!! As pushy as he can be I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hanne, ghggp, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  3. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    River thinks I'm a bad piano player (which I am) so when he can't take my practicing anymore he comes over and bangs his paws on the low keys and lifts my arm up with his nose. So yesterday I thought I would make use of his "skill" to teach him to play on cue. I pointed to the piano and said "paws up" which he must have heard as "hup" and promptly jumped up on the bench and then hup...on top the keys all four paws! Never a dull moment with that boy.

4. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Harley used to try to talk to me a lot. Most of the time I think he was just asking for food and treats so maybe Mindy is doing the same.

LOL that just about sums up my day, I just follow him around saying Monty get down, Monty drop, Monty No :ROFLMAO:. To be fair to him I think tipping his water out started because he was trying to say he only wants milk.....now it has turned into a game :lol:.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Love that Piper barks for his banana hahahaha.

Hanne, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Hate to say this, but Deska breezed through adolescence, and then about the age of 2yrs hit his naughty stride - from that time on he excelled at bloody cheek. I gave in and just rolled with it. Had many a laugh over the next 10 years, and quite a bit of hair-pulling out. Now I find that life is actually pretty boring without the Deskapades!

6. DianeP

DianeP Premium Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Thanks to you good people, my attitude was lifted today. When Mindy ran under the dining room table with a carpel tunnel brace I just said, “oh, wow! What did you get?“ She dropped it and stared at me in disbelief. I asked her “Can you bring me your toy?” And she did. Then, we exchanged it for something better suited for her.:)

Hanne, Caro, TheDailyPainter and 7 others like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I am a firm believer in a tired dog is a happy dog!
    Gavin got loads of exercise when he was less than 5.
    2-3 hours of walks (or runs) a day it seems, both before and after work.
    So very little drama...he never wanted attention becuase he was too tired.
    and now he is a sleepy senior :)

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    good job:yes:

9. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Whoohoo well done, hopefully a sign of things to come! I believe that if we make a big fuss and try to get things off them it then turns into a game and gets worse haha. Well done to Mindy as well for giving her mom a break haha.

10. DianeP

DianeP Premium Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    This is so true. I think sometimes when I’m really stressed by life (not Mindy) it is that much harder to find my positive side. Thanks for helping me center.