Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Met Meadow's dad, great grand-dad and bonus!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    On our vacation two weeks ago, we arranged to meet with the breeders of Meadow's sire, Tate. They lived in California, but moved to Missouri to retire. We go there often to ride for a week on a lovely ranch. It was incredibly nice of them to allow a couple of strangers to come meet them and their dogs!

I had heard from the breeder of Meadow's mom that Tate had a fabulous personality. And he really does! He was so sweet and affectionate, not at all Sheltie-shy. We also got to meet his 15 year old Grandpa, Meadow's paternal great-grandfather. He is just as sweet!

And as an unexpected bonus, they had 4 14 week old puppies they were keeping for show prospects. Hubby and I were in heaven meeting them all. Here are photos.

The "bonus" is Meadow's half brother whom i really clicked with. In our 35 years with Shelties, always the girls, until Elijah. And out of 2 boys and 2 girls, the one I singled out (and the feeling was mutual) was a small boy. He is just a love. He kept wanting me to hold him. :)

Grandpa McGraw

IMG_7005.JPG

Dad Tate

IMG_7009.JPG

Half brother Freddy (he has Meadow's asymmetrical look but her brown leg is her left front)

IMG_7061.JPG

Darren, KarenCurtis, Wendy C and 10 others like this.
  2. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Sounds like you got to have a great vacation, and made some new friends. It's neat that you got to meet some of Meadows Relatives. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are both very good looking. The puppy is adorable. :) :)

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Gorgeous Shelties, Sharon! And the brother...oh my. Do I sense that there may be an outside chance he may end up as Meadow's roomie one of these days? My Sheltie Radar is working........ :wink2:

Darren, RikyR, Piper's mom and 4 others like this.
  4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oh how fun! Such handsome guys!!

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow! Beautiful Shelties!
    I would be in heaven too!!!
    That pup is just ADORABLE

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    what a fun thing to do - meet the family on vacation:yes:

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    What fun...and that little Freddy is adorable!!!! I bet Meadow would love having her little half brother come live with her. (y)

Trini

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    What a gorgeous bunch of Shelties Sharon! What fun...spending a week on a ranch and then meeting Shelties!
    The dogs are all gorgeous and Freddy is adorable! Any chance you might get another? I’d take him lol!

Darren, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    :ROFLMAO: :yuckyuck :hide You are all incurable!!! We're only allowed to have 3 dogs in our county... I'd have to disguise him as a cat! I think he has a great future as a show dog, but I would not say no!!!!!

Darren, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.
  10. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Ok the better question is who here would say no to that cute bundle of fur? :ninja::censored::joyful:

Darren, Calliesmom, Ann and 2 others like this.