Miko ate an Advil gel cap

Oh no! I was just reading the earlier posts thinking "what a relief it has turned out ok" then read your last. I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed for you that this turns out not to be anything sinister. I am thinking of you tonight..and hope that the next poo is normal again.
 
Oh no, Andrea. I'm sorry that Miko isn't doing well right now. I'm hoping that his next poop is normal. I really hope that you get some answers, and Miko starts recovering soon.
 
Still praying here for Miko's total recovery. Please continue the updates, thanks.

PS My mom used to say that sometimes you have to get worse before you get better.
 
Andrea, we're praying for Miko here. I'm so sorry something seems to be up with him. Please keep us posted -- so many people are thinking of you both today.
 
Last night's poop was also quite dark... but maybe not as dark as the night before. SO suggested that we conduct an experiment of just giving Miko chicken and rice for 24 hours and seeing what kind of poop that produces. From LOTS of experience we know what "shade" that stool should be... so it will be easier for us to determine if it's odd or not. At the moment we're not sure if the stools are so dark from the low residue food (we've only been giving it to him for a few days, so I guess it's possible) or if there really might be a problem.

Stay tuned for the next installment. :rolleyes2:
 
Last night's poop was also quite dark... but maybe not as dark as the night before. SO suggested that we conduct an experiment of just giving Miko chicken and rice for 24 hours and seeing what kind of poop that produces. From LOTS of experience we know what "shade" that stool should be... so it will be easier for us to determine if it's odd or not. At the moment we're not sure if the stools are so dark from the low residue food (we've only been giving it to him for a few days, so I guess it's possible) or if there really might be a problem.

Stay tuned for the next installment. :rolleyes2:

Just throwing this out there but you might want to keep up with the low residue food instead of stopping it. All the starting/stopping of foods and starting different things is probably part of whats causing all the problems.

Definitely call your vet, tell them what you're seeing and see what they have to say before doing anything.
 
For humans about every 5 days we have completely new inner lining of intestines, such is power of rejuvenation for the human bodies. I am sure it is along same time frame for pups as well. Since it is was one single toxic episode and it has been more than a week? you will start seeing an improvement, just hang in there for another couple of days.
 
Just throwing this out there but you might want to keep up with the low residue food instead of stopping it. All the starting/stopping of foods and starting different things is probably part of whats causing all the problems.

Definitely call your vet, tell them what you're seeing and see what they have to say before doing anything.

Removing the low-residue food isn't actually a change... really. Right now he's eating 3/4 cup of chicken & rice with a tablespoon or so of the low-residue added. So removing that tablespoon or so isn't going to cause any kind of upset to his tummy. :smile2:
 
Back
Top