KarenCurtis
Forums Sage
Minnie is doing really well! She's delightful! She gained confidence yesterday when we went to the beach and she followed us on her leash, and it carried over to today. We leash walked a bit down the road, she was behind me but for now I just want her to get used to it. Sandstorm is getting better with her, we all went for a walk- Minnie in her carrier, lol. That was a bit difficult. He shared his food puzzle with her and did not growl or show teeth. Minnie knows what no means, and listens pretty well when I say no and distract her from chewing, etc. Her bite inhibition is pretty good also, for now. When I have SS sit for a treat she runs over and tries to get in between us, I'm trying to have her sit for hers. That will take practice. She doesn't quite know what come to me means yet, but that will take practice too, she just got here and has really done so well! She plays a lot and is so fun!! Minnie sleeps all night in her crate, and doesn't cry- the adaptil is SO HELPFUL with that I think! Today we went to the pet food store and got her two teething bones, she was a HIT! I had her in the cart, at first she was shaking but stopped after a few minutes and was fine. She eats slowly, taking her food out of her bowl and eating it in her pen or on the rug, and not finishing it. I think I will take her food bowl away after a half hour. I'm offering three meals a day, the breeder did say she is leaving some food so going to twice a day might be best. Her vet apt is on Monday. I will get a video when I can! Time to go outside with her! She's had a few accidents, due to poor timing on our part, she'll get it. She's smart!!
...and SO TRUE!