MINNIE!!

Wow, she has real presence, this little girl! She is just precious. I am so glad it all worked out for you Karen. When we got Eli he was a year old, and it took at least a week for him to feel comfortable eating. I even posted about how he ate so slowly, one kibble at a time, wandering around between. I was really worried but something clicked and now he snarfs his food down just like all my Shelties have done. It just takes some time for them to adjust.
 
Kooper is an inhaler, doesn't chew at all which is why my hubby believes his teeth are so bad. Brodie is SUCH a slow eater! A kibble here, a kibble there; breakfast can take an hour. He is lucky then as Kooper does NOT like to wake early - the old man will often sleep till noon if I allow - so he gets plenty of time. If I wake Kooper, I always make sure Brodie has had that hour to eat first. The evening meal is served to each in their kennel. That way we have no one stealing napkins off laps (Brodie), laying heads on laps with those sad "I'm starving eyes" (Brodie), or sitting at feet in the hopes something drops (Kooper). Brodie often does not finish his evening meal, he often leaves a dozen or so pieces of kibble in his bowl so we allow Kooper to scarf them down when dinner is done. Maybe Minnie will be the same - just takes stuff as they come, relaxed, in no rush for anything.
 
Back
Top