Minnie's second vet visit

KarenCurtis

Forums Sage
Minnie was great at the vets! I like him, we are staggering the vaccines, two every two weeks, today was lepto and distemper. Next will be rabies and ? They'll tell me, lol. This vet asked me about the ears and what I use to glue them didn't give a critical opinion, which I like. He asked about socialization, house training, etc. He's low key, and thinks Minnie is a pretty calm puppy, which she really is, a good pup! She now weighs 9.5 pounds! Accident free, going on 3 days. It's our new set up I'm sure, less access, so we can really watch her. Yesterday she cried to go out to pee, scratched on the front door!
Fire works were AWFUL!! Last night our neighbors set off some that sounded like an explosion, Minnie jumped her pen and ran to the back of the house, I had to hold her for an hour!
 
Last edited:
Good girl Minnie! Fireworks and thunder, two things that'll get my guys going every time! I actually saw a video on Facebook of a dog with headphones on watching an iPad when fireworks were going off!
There have been times during a bad storm I've had to hold my guys, nothing wrong with that.
 
Glad Minnie had a good report for her vet visit! That is a good sign!

The fireworks were terrible here! Poor little Minnie, she must have been terrified!

Keep up the good work on that potty training Minnie! We are proud of you!


Devon did really well last night. We didn't have a huge number of fireworks, but there were enough around 10pm that would have caused Baron to go running around the house barking. Devon just ignored them. He also hasn't reacted to thunder yet, although we haven't had a really bad storm in the 11 months I've had him where the whole house shakes from the boom. I sure hope that this continues and he doesn't learn to be afraid later.
 
Yeah Minnie!

Sorry she got scared though... :(

Kooper just curled up under a blanket which surprised me; he doesn't like thunder and will often cry. I did give both boys a 'treat' of a calm cap lathered in peanut butter early on. Brodie did NOT like it when our neighbors set off fireworks, he didn't cry or bark but did pace and was scared. My trainer told us not to 'baby' them - to address them, calm them but not gush over them which I hope I did. I did try to get him up on the couch with me but he couldn't sit still. After the worst of it was over, I put them each in their kennels, covered them up for the night, closed the curtains in their room, turned an air cleaner on for white noise and left the tv on in there all night. I didn't here a peep and they were calm and cool this morning like nothing happened. I will take similar measures these next few nights, except for the calm cap, just in case. I was very saddened to see a family looking for a bull dog, family pet, children were heartbroken - they took him to see the fireworks and he bolted. I hope they are able to find him...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
Poor, poor dogs fortunately, we can only use fireworks for New Year.

I have always have given Minnie "Bach's Rescue Remedy"
and so far it seems she is relaxed and finds peace
 
Back
Top