Missy's big weekend at Reliant

I love the last one of super missy, super focused with a grin :yes:

How big is Missy? Those look like full size tennis balls but I thought she was smaller than that :confused2:
 
Those are indeed full-size tennis balls. As far as her size, it's kind of a funny story. I swear I measured her about a month ago and she was UNDER 16", but I don't have a wicket so I don't have an official measurement, just my guestimate. We had her measured on Sunday, and he said 16 3/4! I was like, no way. We took her back and she measured 16 1/4, then 16 on the dot. We were hoping to get her to measure under 16 so we could have her be a 10" height dog. I measured her again using my yard stick the other day, and she's at 16.. I don't think we're going to get a lower measurement. She must have had a growth spurt!
 
Watch where she stands compared to the post. If Spitfire has his shoulder even or behind the post he is under 14" in front he is over as the bar rides up on his neck some. Important if you want height (Sca is 18ish so we don't care :lol:)
 
Well we spent 20 minutes over there with a very patient judge because Missy was afraid of the wicket. She would be standing nicely, and as soon as he swung the bar over, she would move away from it. And yes, I had treats. We are going to borrow a wicket to practice.
 
I also had a teammate suggest we shave Missy's back because "it must be all that hair" :no:. I think he was joking.
 
I have the advantage of Sca running so we have measured Spitfire a bunch just to practice. The head of the Dixie Flyers is becoming a judge and practiced with Spitfire. Oh and yes I am going to pull his hair up to get the bar under it as he is a fluffball :lol:

She will get used to it pretty quick I bet. Go Missy!
 
Those are amazing shots, You should be photographing for a sports dog magazine or something. I can't believe how beautiful your pics are. I see a business in selling pics to the owners, who wouldn't want a pic of there dog like those? WOW!!!
 
Those are amazing shots, You should be photographing for a sports dog magazine or something. I can't believe how beautiful your pics are. I see a business in selling pics to the owners, who wouldn't want a pic of there dog like those? WOW!!!

I didn't take these pictures, these were taken by a professional photographer at the event.
 
Those are from a guy on the Dixie Flyers I believe. I am drawing a blank on his name though. There are two that come frequently to district 14 events. Action shots of Sca usually are his.

Edit: I think those are Adam
 
Back
Top