Mozart hates his ears.....

bwibwigouza

Forums Enthusiast
Mozart's ear glues came off a few days ago. So I got the Detachol from internet and used that on him. This time he didn't freak from the smell...Detachol is actually a LOT more pleasant than the remover I was using before. Anyway, after all the old glue was removed I let him go so that his ears can dry off before I put in the new glue. He kept shaking his head. (This time he didn't ask to go out and rub his ears so I'm guessing it's not the smell he hates.) He kept shaking non-stop...in the end he ran to his crate and hide for the entire afternoon with his paws over his muzzle the whole time. He looks pretty miserable having his ears flopping on top of his head. After I glued them back he is back to his happy little self again. Anyone's sheltie also express this kind of behaviour? Will he stop "hating" his ears when he reaches 1? Cuz that's when they'll be unglued forever....
 
Awww that is something to lay there with his paws over his muzzle. He must of felt bad. Glad his ears are up and Mozart is feeling better.

Its really a task with the ears. I know with Lil' Lady I thought please don't just flop. With my boy Lucky he looked so cute and it fit his personality with his face, one ear up and one tips down. WUZ UP MOM?

Lady's ears flopped to the side as a baby and when I picked her up her ears were all glued so I continued. Hey it can be stressful for the humans too.

Keep up the good work.
 
lol
oh man, the ears
what a saga for most Shelties

Toffee's are wonky ears, I kinda love one ear up one ear down, it suits him, lol
but proper Sheltie ears are SOOOO cute
 
Sounds like Gilly as a puppy. When his ears were free of tape... he would wine and cry and go and hide. I generally had mercy on him and just left them free for about five minutes. As he grew older he stopped being pitiful about loose ears. :)
 
Mozart seems to know that he needs his ears up to be the epitome of Sheltie savoire faire!
 
All my youngsters do this. They're so used to the stationary position when braced. So when you first take out the tapes, they have these wiggley things on top of their head. In a short time, all goes back to normal.:lol:
 
That's how Pyper was, too. The ears drove her nuts when they weren't taped up. It took a day or two to get used to the floppy ears. I taped religiously for a full year and....her ears never tipped. I was going to keep going, but I reached my limit of dealing with tape and goo!!:smile2:
 
Okay so it is normal for "depression" to set in when the ears are loose. Well, he refuses to let me do the bridge part of the ears. He kept tearing it out. Now the front tips are glued but not the centre. Every now and then he'd shake his head furiously...sometime so bad that he ran into walls while shaking his head. :rolleyes2:
 
I'm laughing out loud reading this thread!

Normally we hear about how our pups hate having their ears glued. This is a first!

(And yes, Detachol is the best product I ever found to remove old glue. No smell, no irritation - hard to find though. I had to order it on eBay eventually). I wish I'd found it earlier.....I might have been able to save Bacca's hound ears! :sadsmile:
 
I think at this point is the proportion of his ears to his head...head's too small, ears too big = one miserable puppy. Good thing our breeder has offered to redo his ears when she comes to Chilliwack for the dog show there. I gave up on the bridge part. Too much hassle!
 
Back
Top