Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My 11 Month Old Won’t Go Upstairs Anymore

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Mack, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Mack

Mack Forums Regular

Jan 3, 2020
    In regards to his knee, He has subluxation of the back knee. He’s always had it from what we know. He saw a vet to determine that awhile ago, my memory was just failing me on what it was called a bit ago. The vet said to just watch it carefully. It hadn’t stopped him from doing the stairs prior. He runs, he sometimes jumps up when excited. He does all activities he could possibly do if he wants to do them!

2. Mack

Mack Forums Regular

Jan 3, 2020
    I feel stupid, but I never even thought of that. If it worked for him, it may work for my guy! I’ll try it!! Thank you.

3. DianeP

DianeP Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Is he interested in toys? Perhaps entice him up the stairs with something he can’t resist. Sometimes Mindy can get a bit spooked going down stairs and I use a favorite sock to encourage her down.

Also, toe grips might help if the stairs are slippery. We used them for two older dogs in the past and they were very helpful.
    https://toegrips.com/

4. Mack

Mack Forums Regular

Jan 3, 2020
    He actually for some reason started going up them again and I’m rewarding him with treats! I’m not entirely sure why, the only thing that changed is him getting a new collar- New collar, new him I guess. Thank you though, I’ll look into the grips and if he ever gives trouble I’ll try a toy or socks, he also has a weird thing for socks too!

Hanne, Ann and DianeP like this.