My 2o2o Training Write-Up

Thoughts on how to treat him?

I feed on the ground/floor (even if there's no target plate). It just reinforces the position. That way, they are used to driving down, getting into position, and looking down.

Even now that I'm just reinforcing Lexi's behavior, I still feed from the ground. Never hurts to reinforce a good habit!
 
I feed on the ground/floor (even if there's no target plate). It just reinforces the position. That way, they are used to driving down, getting into position, and looking down.

Even now that I'm just reinforcing Lexi's behavior, I still feed from the ground. Never hurts to reinforce a good habit!

Thanks. I'll start dropping the food. :)
 
New Training Plan

Well, here it is. My full-length training plan. Thoughts? By all means, critique it. I'm also going to send it to my trainer for critiqueing too. I'm sure she'll have me fix a lot. LOL.

Koji's 2o2o Plan
This links to a PDF file. I am hoping you can see it.
 
Well, here it is. My full-length training plan. Thoughts? By all means, critique it. I'm also going to send it to my trainer for critiqueing too. I'm sure she'll have me fix a lot. LOL.

Koji's 2o2o Plan
This links to a PDF file. I am hoping you can see it.

I think it looks awesome! The only thing I would change (small thing) is that I would start adding different angles when you have that stay in the house. I think you don't mention angles or crossing until he's running, but I'd start crossing in front of him (even at a slow walk) earlier. That way he learns that the 2o2o is irrespective of your position. (Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes you FC, sometimes BC, etc...) But I'm just nitpicking--looks great.
 
I think it looks awesome! The only thing I would change (small thing) is that I would start adding different angles when you have that stay in the house. I think you don't mention angles or crossing until he's running, but I'd start crossing in front of him (even at a slow walk) earlier. That way he learns that the 2o2o is irrespective of your position. (Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes you FC, sometimes BC, etc...) But I'm just nitpicking--looks great.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. And for nitpicking. Nitpicking is just fine. I didn't think about putting it in...see....because I'm already doing it. LOL. I'm sure there are things I'm doing that I'm not thinking about. I forgot about RC's though, so I'll add some in and be sure to vary my "speed" so I'm not always in front, cuz let's be real, I'll probably be behind him when he's running across.

I've updated it online too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top