My DH does love me and the dogs!

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
Well, as much as my DH pretends to not love the pups, he does a pretty good job of indulging me.

You all saw the quilt that he had made out of a photograph of the boys for Xmas already.

What I forgot to mention was the other Xmas gift which is a work in progress.

I like to groom on the floor. That poses a few challenges:

1) Getting the dog to stand and stay standing
2) Rotating the dog (or myself) around so that I can attack all the areas. It usually requires general yoga type positions for me and the dogs.

Some months ago, I found this product and loved the idea but it was too small. It was a lazy susan grooming platform.

http://progroom.com/catalog/product...d=544&osCsid=76b684c05b4473dd453a1a6dc02bd71c


So I whined to my DH, and for Christmas he presented me with the "lazy susan" part required to do the project. (i.e. the metal piece with bearings, that cause it to rotate). Sized to Sheltie-size! Now he's getting ready to put it all together.

All I need to do is find the right grooming arm, and decide on what non-slip covering I want on the base.

Suggestions?
 
I know people here have had their grooming tables 'covereed' with the truck liner - it is sprayed on on the table, just like it is sprayed on to custom fit a pick up truck. Everyone that has done it loves it.
 
I know people here have had their grooming tables 'covereed' with the truck liner - it is sprayed on on the table, just like it is sprayed on to custom fit a pick up truck. Everyone that has done it loves it.

Any idea where I would get that! It sounds perfect, but where would I buy?
 
Barb I did not see the quilt can you resend it or tell me where to find it? I would love to see it. How neat that he did that for you.
 
Any idea where I would get that! It sounds perfect, but where would I buy?

In the automotive section at Walmart. It's basically sand mixed in with paint or epoxy. Like a liquid sandpaper. You might be able to find it in the lawn & garden section for use on floors. :biggrin2:
 
Any idea where I would get that! It sounds perfect, but where would I buy?

We take the tables to a place that does the truck liners. They spray it on right there, and it was not that expensive, as it was not that big of a surface.
 
Well, as much as my DH pretends to not love the pups, he does a pretty good job of indulging me.

You all saw the quilt that he had made out of a photograph of the boys for Xmas already.

What I forgot to mention was the other Xmas gift which is a work in progress.

I like to groom on the floor. That poses a few challenges:

1) Getting the dog to stand and stay standing
2) Rotating the dog (or myself) around so that I can attack all the areas. It usually requires general yoga type positions for me and the dogs.

Some months ago, I found this product and loved the idea but it was too small. It was a lazy susan grooming platform.

http://progroom.com/catalog/product...d=544&osCsid=76b684c05b4473dd453a1a6dc02bd71c


So I whined to my DH, and for Christmas he presented me with the "lazy susan" part required to do the project. (i.e. the metal piece with bearings, that cause it to rotate). Sized to Sheltie-size! Now he's getting ready to put it all together.

All I need to do is find the right grooming arm, and decide on what non-slip covering I want on the base.

Suggestions?

My DW bought me a grooming table as well but it was on back order. I'm still waiting
 
Ok, now I need to know what length grooming arm to attach.

What height do I need? To have slightly over-sized pups stand tall to groom. Taking into consideration the loop to hold pups in place.
 
Back
Top