Nadac Jan-Feb 2015

Some nice vids (so love Tunnelers and wish they did that here!)

Was watching Jocu as he clipped the jump at the start and it occurred to me that you set him up quite close and on the rest of the course he has quite a long take-off. I had this problem and a trainer made me set up Merlin at a distance from a jump and run him over it and she marked the point where he actually took off. It was MUCH further back than I expected and from now on I always give him a much further run-up at the start. It might be worth considering:wink2: (or I could be completely wrong!)
 
Some nice vids (so love Tunnelers and wish they did that here!)

Was watching Jocu as he clipped the jump at the start and it occurred to me that you set him up quite close and on the rest of the course he has quite a long take-off. I had this problem and a trainer made me set up Merlin at a distance from a jump and run him over it and she marked the point where he actually took off. It was MUCH further back than I expected and from now on I always give him a much further run-up at the start. It might be worth considering:wink2: (or I could be completely wrong!)

We love tunnelers too. AKC is now allowing clubs to offer non-regular classes (anything that is not standard, jww, fast or Time 2 Beat). so my club had a tunnelers coursed at the end of the day on Friday- basically Time 2 Beat rules- have to be clean and fastest time wins.
Everyone seemed to enjoy it and several people said that they hope we do it again next year.
The biggest drawback is the number of tunnels and tunnel bags that you need to set it up. Our club has 4 tunnels and bags, I had 2 tunnels and bags and several other members contributed their tunnels and bags. It is so much fun though that it is worth it:smile2:

yes- I do think he needed a different start point. I am still learning his perfect takeoff start point. they are all different. I like the idea of having someone watch so we can narrow that down.:yes:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top