Natural Balance Lamb Formula

I used to use something similar for training. Its called Roll Over (I think only available in Canada) and also came in big rolls like that. I would pre cut it into small pieces and freeze it in a zip lock bag. I'd take out what I needed a few hours before I needed it.

It was very convenient and lasted a very long time

I didn't know it was going to be as big as it was! Unless he gets bored with them then I won't have to buy Smudge training treats for ages!
 
I didn't know it was going to be as big as it was! Unless he gets bored with them then I won't have to buy Smudge training treats for ages!

If it tastes anything like Roll Over, he'll never get tired of them. Sadie went completely nuts at the smell of them :smile2:
 
Ember'sMom is right. It freezes great. Phebe loves it frozen or thawed.

In fact, I've been giving her frozen pumpkin as a desert. I put tablespoons of pumpkin on a wax paper covered sheet, put in the freezer until solid (2 hours at most) and then into a ziplock and back in the freezer. Makes it easy to add the pumpkin supplement without worrying the entire can might go bad before you use it up.
 
I see you've found out that it freezes fine :biggrin2:

If you cut it into pieces before freezing you can also feed it that way, its a bit less crumbly.
 
Does anyone know how long Natural Balance keeps in the fridge? I have had mine for like 2-3 weeks and Buffy doesn't seem super interested in it. I am wondering if it's still fresh?

I did cut it up and freeze some pieces. Thanks for the advice!
 
Ember'sMom is right. It freezes great. Phebe loves it frozen or thawed.

In fact, I've been giving her frozen pumpkin as a desert. I put tablespoons of pumpkin on a wax paper covered sheet, put in the freezer until solid (2 hours at most) and then into a ziplock and back in the freezer. Makes it easy to add the pumpkin supplement without worrying the entire can might go bad before you use it up.

Kind of off track, but I use ice cube trays for freezing pumpkin. Also works great for freezing leftover chicken or beef stock. Freeze, pop out and bag them up.
 
Does anyone know how long Natural Balance keeps in the fridge? I have had mine for like 2-3 weeks and Buffy doesn't seem super interested in it. I am wondering if it's still fresh?

I did cut it up and freeze some pieces. Thanks for the advice!

I wouldn't keep that refrigerated for more than a week, like any meat. If you want to keep it longer than that then it needs to be frozen.
 
I wouldn't keep that refrigerated for more than a week, like any meat. If you want to keep it longer than that then it needs to be frozen.

I agree....it's like people food....would you keep leftovers in your fridge and eat them yourself 3 weeks later? No different with dogs. Bacteria is bacteria - and worse with them, because they don't really know anything about tainted food...is it food? Eat it, fast!
 
Back
Top