Need... more... stamina............

I just did an hour of agility with Cadbury today and it knackered me.

When I have my sheltie (and it is old enough) I will be doing two lessons, one after the other swopping dogs halfway - that is two hours of agility. :eek2:

It may kill me off.........

And thats why you focus on distance training! I have 2 hours of agility on Monday, 1.5hrs flyball on Tuesday and 1.25hrs of agility on Wed. I am sooo unfit and let me tell you, I am buggered. And because my dogs are similar heights I dont get a break in between running full courses! So basically they have to learn to run the course on their own otherwise I just cant keep up.
 
so it is important for us to stay in shape as well.
Oh definitely. But I have to say I do love the sport and the exhaustion is worth it!

Try interval training to build your endurance...Run or cycle HARD for 4 minutes.
That's a good plan. I had asthma as I child too and it flared again just recently. So I am pretty pleased at how I am keeping up at agility. Winter 2008 I couldn't do a round without having to spend 10 minutes catching my breath afterwards.

And thats why you focus on distance training! I have 2 hours of agility on Monday, 1.5hrs flyball on Tuesday and 1.25hrs of agility on Wed. I am sooo unfit and let me tell you, I am buggered. And because my dogs are similar heights I dont get a break in between running full courses! So basically they have to learn to run the course on their own otherwise I just cant keep up.
Caro, how on earth do you manage it!!! :eek2:

Cadbury left me standing on Saturday, I just couldn't keep up and had to just shout commands at him! At least the A-frame slowed him down and I told him to wait at the end until I caught up.

Right, distance training, better start working on that.

My mother and I joined Weight Watchers for just this reason.
I'm on a diet too, but at the moment it is one week diet, three weeks can't be bothered, then back to diet :lol:
 
And thats why you focus on distance training! I have 2 hours of agility on Monday, 1.5hrs flyball on Tuesday and 1.25hrs of agility on Wed. I am sooo unfit and let me tell you, I am buggered. And because my dogs are similar heights I dont get a break in between running full courses! So basically they have to learn to run the course on their own otherwise I just cant keep up.

I am not in shape either and distance work is the only way I can keep up too.
 
Totally out of shape here!

Schlepping junk down to the basement, I had to stop after about the 5th trip down two flights of stairs, because I wrenched my back....and my leg muscles were starting to vibrate!

How will I ever myself moved!
 
Back
Top