New Senior at Our House

Thanks for the kind words. He's doing pretty well. At least he's not trying to eat Rogue. :) As soon as I'm sure Rogue is comfortable with him (he's been a tad traumatized!), we're good to go!
 
Some dogs are just not meant to live together - I'm sorry it didn't work out for Trooper but hopefully he will get adopted again quickly. Poor little Romeo - he sure deserves your loving care. I just don't get it... why get a dog at all if you won't take care of its most basic needs? Keep us updated on Romeo's progress and give him a hug for me.
 
He now has some skin eruptions. May be from the matted hair for so long. Skin infection. But he's been on antibiotics for over 10 days now. Vet gave him some more and different antibiotics. Rescue says it looks like low thyroid. So we're going back to the vet on Tues and see about having thyroid tests done. And to get a second opinion from our regular vet.
 
Romeo has a very sweet face and a soft expression. What a poor little guy. I'm so glad he found you. I hope you get a handle on his skin issues quickly and he fits well with Rogue. It sounds like Trooper needs an only-dog home, and it's good that you discovered that early. Keep us posted on Romeo! Thanks so much for what you do for these rescues!! (y)
 
Thanks for the kind words. Appointment is this afternoon with our regular vet. His eruptions have "grown" so I'm very glad we already had this appt scheduled!
 
No pictures yet. We did increase his thyroid med which I expected. Got some heavy duty shampoo to combat his skin infection due to the matting. Poor guy. It does seem to be getting better. Finally .

Will try to get some pictures soon.
 
Back
Top