Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Noah has cancer of his bladder.

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Toby, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    So agree with You Gloria
    It is the last gift from the heart we can give our beloved dogs
    but definitely the most difficult, but we owe them this :hugs

Ann and ghggp like this.
  2. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
    I am so very sorry to see this. I lost my Ozzie to the same disease nearly three years ago, at the age of just over 10. And my experience matches what the hospice doctor told you--you would never have known he was sick. I did chemo treatment, although I don't think it made any difference and would probably not do it again. It didn't bother him at all (he loved the attention he got from the staff at the vet, who loved him and carried him around, feeding him treats), but I don't think it bought any time, either--he was diagnosed in mid-July and died in mid-November, cheerful and lively up until the very end. One day the tumor fully blocks the urethra, and then there is nothing anyone can do. When that happens, he will be very uncomfortable and in danger of a burst bladder, so it's important to make sure he does not suffer.

ghggp, RikyR, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.