Now a ?? about colouring and puppy coat...

My two cents after looking at the photo......

The spot will eventually merge into his fur and everything on his body will get darker (spot will blend). Not sure if you can see Miko's tail in my avatar, it wasn't as dark as Justice's but it was pretty black too. Also, his fur was like your Miko's, tipped black. It just means he'll probably turn into a darker sable versus a lighter one. Check out my photos of Miko now. He's very dark. But he wasn't like that in the beginning.

Miko's black tail and black tipped fur (he was about 11 weeks here)
Miko as of Sunday

Do you know what Miko's parents look like? are they darker? I'm thinking the spot will blend as he matures and gets darker. :) But until then, it's cute!

I'm still shocked at how light Miko was to how dark he is today. It took a long time for him to get that way. It was so subtle I didn't even realize it. lol

Thanks for sharing the photos of your Miko... what a handsome boy!! I hope my Miko grows up to be that good lookin' :wink2:
 
As a few people said, the marking will most likely become less accentuated when the tail becomes "fuller". Zoey has the upper part of her tail black, and the bottom white. Although it is still visible today, it merged with the lighter part of her tail and it looks less skunk-ish if you can say.
 
Bacca was exactly the same. It was strongly marked when he was a pup, but now its a narrow band about 1/2 inch thick...right at the base of his tail. Just like the other photos.

I don't know if this is a generic sable trait, or whether or not it is a unique to certain sable lines.

I suppose there might be similar discussions with brown markings on tri's....
 
Back
Top