Omg...possibility of liver shunt - in BOTH dogs!?!!

Good News...at least for now!

So I held off telling the breeders long enough to find out that Replyka's sister does not have a liver shunt. Well....they are walking away from that possibility with confidence as of right now. She had a bile test done and nothing showed up. They are now looking at the possibility that it may be a parasite of some sort. They say the symptoms are as if she is in a drunken-like state. Her reactions are all delayed by 2 or 3 seconds. I don't know what type of parasite could cause that...but they're now looking at that.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers...we'll just keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing too serious. I hate the thought of such a young puppy being so sick. :( Still waiting to hear from the vet too...
 
That's good news! I really think the odds are in your favor, but I know you want to be as sure as possible. Here's hoping that all will be well.
 
I'm praying that all will be fine! Remember, we're all a roll of the genetic dice -- until LOVE steps in! :yes:
 
Back
Top