One year in the making...my Lazy Susan Grooming Board!

You should patent that! Great idea.

I hope you are going to move that fruit before trimming the poop shoot :eek2:

I dunno....thought it might add to the Dingleberry Jam! You know: Apple and Dingleberry Jam? Mango and Dingleberry Jam Supreme?????
 
I dunno....thought it might add to the Dingleberry Jam! You know: Apple and Dingleberry Jam? Mango and Dingleberry Jam Supreme?????

LOL....you should patent that too :lol:

I bet with a catchy name like Apple Dingleberry Jam, someone would by it :cool:
 
Better not show this thread to the wife, she's the master groomer at our house. She wanted a fold down grooming table down in the laundy room so I built that for her last spring, she's rather short and couldn't find anything at a comfortable hight to work on so I built her a custom fold down table & leash holder just at her size level, She absolutely loves it, but she does complain about having to constantly turn them around, now if she knew about this OH Boy,she would be on me like dirt, don't know if I could figure out a folding lazy susan model, maybe I could add a rotating tabletop using a lazy susan bearing from lea valley to the exhisting fold down table HMMM , OH My another hunny do project, could make for a good suprise birthday present though, as the gears start to turn. LOL

Yours is Very nice deal, awesome Idea by the way, wish I had of thought of it.
 
Last edited:
Better not show this thread to the wife, she's the master groomer at our house. She wanted a fold down grooming table down in the laundy room so I built that for her last spring, she's rather short and couldn't find anything at a comfortable hight to work on so I built her a custom fold down table & leash holder just at her size level, She absolutely loves it, but she does complain about having to constantly turn them around, now if she knew about this OH Boy,she would be on me like dirt, don't know if I could figure out a folding lazy susan model, maybe I could add a rotating tabletop using a lazy susan bearing from lea valley to the exhisting fold down table HMMM , OH My another hunny do project, could make for a good suprise birthday present though, as the gears start to turn. LOL

Yours is Very nice deal, awesome Idea by the way, wish I had of thought of it.

That's exactly how it was built....the lazy suzan ring from Lee Valley with the board on top. Originally I wanted it to have 3 inch legs so that it could accomodate the "underpart" of the arm, but we couldn't figure out how to make that work. So instead, David built a platform in one corner and the arm slides into it.

Then I covered the whole thing with rubber cupboard liner to make it waterproof and non-slip. Voila!

If you want to know more, PM me and I'll get more detailed instructions from David. It really didn't take long to build...it was just more a question of setting time aside to get it done.
 
p.s. I can't take credit for the original concept....I first saw it on a real website, but it was too small for Shelties. But I loved the concept, and went from there.

http://www.edemco.com/products/Tables/F980LazySusanTable.php

The main issue that we encountered was the decision to make it squared off, instead of round. A round table would have required it to be enormous and therefore, impractical. The square allows for the dogs length because the arm is mounted on the diagonal.
 
Back
Top