Orijen-upset stomach?

Just thinking about Lil' Lady. When I picked her up at 12 weeks old alll that it did was rain. I pick my pups up and directly to the vets they go. Apparently she drank standing stagnet water where I picked her up at, and she had bacteria in her stool. The vet caught it right away before I brought her home.

He put her on anti-biotics and it cleared up. The thought came to mind, because it has rained so much here. Now she just runs out to potty and runs back in. Then after the rains I have to check for mushrooms, so they don't nosey around them, very toxic.

Hopefully everything improves for you. High protein can cause problems but check the stool also at the vets.
 
Thanks BarbV, yes I never go by the instructions on the bag as they always set them a little high so that you have to buy more food. A 20lb dog does not need 3 cups of food a day! However, I think I wasn't feeding Claussen quite enough because his was starting to get a little bony so I'm giving him about a cup and a half a day. He probably gets an extra half cup in his 3 training sessions during the day though. Claussen has been on Orijen for 3 months now...even if you transition it too quickly his stomach shouldn't still be upset now should it? I was given 2 quarts of his old food and used up all of it so we took a decent amount of time transitioning him. One thing I have noticed though-with both dogs- is that they'll go poop and the stool will be fine, but then they'll both have to go outside a couple minutes later and they'll have very runny stool. Very rarely is the first poop runny. Wierd.
 
Back
Top