Part down his back~

Pretty sure I got it on Amazon. Its written by Barb Ross.

The only complaint I have with the book is that the pictures are "illustrations" not actual pictures. It explains the technique, but often difficult to actually visualize and do. That's where Silver Trails video helps fill the blanks.

Thank you! I'll check it out~
 
Hmmm...I do believe both of mine have a bit of a part down the middle of their backs...never bothered me..thanx now it does..LOL

Julie
 
Hmmm...I do believe both of mine have a bit of a part down the middle of their backs...never bothered me..thanx now it does..LOL

Julie

Your welcome!:razz:

Well it's not that it bothers me,but it was'nt there prior to his bath,and now its there.He is one big ball of soft hair.He almost doesn't look like the same pup.:winkgrin:

I'm not going to fret over it,It's not like he's going in a show ring,but if there is a way to avoid it,I'll give it a try.After spending all the time that we do on them grooming,I might as well be doing it correctly.
 
Do you have the Illusrated Guide to Sheltie grooming?

If so, it speaks to various brushing techniques (e.g cross brushing) to get the hair to lie in the correct position.

I have it- pretty sure ordered it from Amazon. but long before joining the forum :wink2:
 
When I brush Meggie I part her fur horizontally across her back, staring at the hind end and moving up toward her neck in about 2 - 3" sections. I've never had any trouble with a part down her back. I do groom her sides parting it the long way though.

The times I've bathed Meggie myself she has looked like a complete fur ball for a couple of days, but it eventually relaxes again. The times she was professionally groomed she looked good right away.
 
I use a force air dryer to blow the hair up from the side ands then straight down the back. It also gets rid of waves and cowlicks. Ember had a huge cowlick on her left hip if I let her air dry naturally it stuck straight up in the air. Now that she has her adult hair and undercoat, it lays flat no matter what I do.:smile2: Just comb the hair back and blow dry it that should keep it from parting.
 
Bentley gets the part down his back when he's still wet after a bath. I try to blow it try and run my hands through it so it can't stay that way.

He still gets cowlicks though, so I must not be doing it right!
 
Thank you everyone for the tips! I will for sure be drying him differantly. I did notice last night when I was brushing him,it was less noticable.
 
Ugh, the dreaded part down the back. Miko gets like this. I typically blow dry it so there's no part, but it still parts. As he's air drying, I just keep running a brush though the back every hour or so. By the time he dries, it's no longer there. Also, as someone else said, it goes away.

The best one I got was a side part. I had Miko bathed when I boarded him. He came home with a side part. It was silly, cute and irritating. LOL. I literally had to wet him down to get rid of it.

Thankfully, no cowlicks. ;)
 
Back
Top