peeing in the tunnel

yes these are all beginner kids and dogs. I am going to buy some cleaners this weekend and try to get the smell out hopefully that will help. I dont know why they have to pee inside the tunnel, nobody pees on the outside :rolleyes2:
 
Hurhurhur I can so relate to this. Romeo has peed in the tunnel at trial. Sigh. One of the other triallers suggested dumping a load of water on the dog when it tries to mark in an attempt to scare it off I guess. I've not tried it yet. But I might have to if it continues coz there's very little quite as rewarding as marking for Romeo. :rolleyes2:
 
Hurhurhur I can so relate to this. Romeo has peed in the tunnel at trial. Sigh. One of the other triallers suggested dumping a load of water on the dog when it tries to mark in an attempt to scare it off I guess. I've not tried it yet. But I might have to if it continues coz there's very little quite as rewarding as marking for Romeo. :rolleyes2:

I'm far from an expert, but I can see this working against you. Throwing water on him might create a negative association with the tunnel. Then you'll have a dog who fears the tunnel.
 
Hurhurhur I can so relate to this. Romeo has peed in the tunnel at trial. Sigh. One of the other triallers suggested dumping a load of water on the dog when it tries to mark in an attempt to scare it off I guess. I've not tried it yet. But I might have to if it continues coz there's very little quite as rewarding as marking for Romeo. :rolleyes2:

My dogs would not relate that to peeing, they would relate the water to being in the tunnel. Never to return again :no:
 
I am with Ashley on this one, bunch tunnel up and make sure they are very speedy passing them. And put abdominal bands while they run at practice.
 
Back
Top