Pico is exhausting!

So I need to use 2 wobble board type feeders to get enough time to take a shower. I fill half with cheerios as they are bigger and lighter (they take longer to come out). I want to get something harder so I have more time, but the some of the harder ones I think he would just dump over and that kinda defeats the purpose.

I did figure out that If I am 'fake sleeping' on the couch, Pico will play on his own for a bit. I have to be laying down with my head on the pillow and feet up. Of course, I can't actually move but I can keep an eye on him!
I forgot how much work one puppy is! Having 2 adult dogs really helps is tiring out that puppy lol!
 
Pico gets a small food ball everytime he goes in the crate.
That's when I go to work, and 4 overnight. 1 at bedtime, and 1 everytime he wakes me up to go potty and he gets put back down (so far if I can get him to poop before bedtime we have 2 overnight wake ups, but if I can't it is 3, usually about every 2 hours). He can pee in his pen (grated pee pad holder) but he REALLY doesn't want to poop there and I get it, but I don't know which of the wake up calls is for poop vs pee so unless he poops the first time....
 
how old is davy? Trying to figure out if you are my crystal ball for what to expect in a few weeks or a few months :)
This morning I kept all the lights off and Pico played by himself for at least 30 minutes and I got a wee nap.
He looks all furry and pudgy as his undercoat is all fuzzy but his overcoat isn't there yet.

re did his ears....he's not a fan of nail trimming though. The dremel is VERY scary.
 
how old is davy? Trying to figure out if you are my crystal ball for what to expect in a few weeks or a few months :)
This morning I kept all the lights off and Pico played by himself for at least 30 minutes and I got a wee nap.
He looks all furry and pudgy as his undercoat is all fuzzy but his overcoat isn't there yet.

re did his ears....he's not a fan of nail trimming though. The dremel is VERY scary.
Davy is about 5.5 months now. his fuzz has mostly gone- still some on his hips/butt. ears popped up last night so will be working on them after work.
he's fine with the dremel- he's seen the big dogs get their nails done and then get cookies so he's ok with that. the noise didn't bother him when I dremeled them and used clippers on his baby nails. for puppies, dremel one nail a little and then get a cookie. takes a while when you do one nail at a time but the puppy isn't overwhelmed like he would be if you did a whole paw or all the nails at once.
he's pretty tolerant of most things. my friend's sheltie pup is about 6 weeks older and she's a handful when you want to do nails or ears but I think she's getting better.
while I've never used cookies in potty training, I am liberal with treats when they are getting potentially unhappy things done to them.
Davy has occasionally made some whining noises 30-60 minutes before the alarm- I try to wait him out so I've only taken him out early 2 or 3 times. he does want to play but I keep telling him to go potty. he'll pee and then we go back in- hopefully back to bed but most times, it's not worth it. he'll poo after breakfast so he's doing pretty good there.
 
Back
Top