Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper's going to get a brother

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thank you Ann...it is exciting! Plus I'll be doing conformation with this one as well as obedience but at least having done competitive obedience with Piper I have more of an idea how it all works and the breeder is just awesome...I can't say enough good things about her...and she will help me with things I don't understand.

2. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Wow, congratulations--that will be one beautiful baby! Ah, just when the puppy becomes a full adult, the mysties get you :) Can't wait to see and hear all about the baby.

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    That's wonderful! A new puppy and a new adventure for you! I'm glad your breeder will be a mentor...it makes all the difference in conformation. Can't wait to hear about your new experiences!

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Daisy's Mom

Daisy's Mom Forums Regular

Aug 25, 2017
    Just curious if you're getting the male because you are planning on breeding? Like me, it sounds like Piper is your first Sheltie so I am wondering if you decided to take the big jump.

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    No I have no intention of breeding, that's wayyyyy more work than I'd ever want to have. I have too much respect for breeders who take the time to do all they do to give us these beautiful creatures to love. I just really prefer the male over the female.
    P.S. Piper is also a male;)

Hanne likes this.
  6. Daisy's Mom

Daisy's Mom Forums Regular

Aug 25, 2017
    Good to know! Should've checked Piper's full name.

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh boy, I can vicariously live the thrill of puppyhood again when you get your boy! Lovely sable parents - I do miss having a sable face in the house....

Piper's mom likes this.