Poor Birch

OMG! How terrible! What could have happened if you didn't find the injury? I'm glad you did, but is that something an average pet owner would have noticed? I hope you don't use that sitter again. I can't believe she didn't react or do anything when Birch was being attacked. That's just ridiculous.
 
How awful! Glad he's on the mend! note to self, do not leave dogs anywhere - if they aren't going, I'm not either! The last time I had a friend drop in and take them for a walk while I worked overtime, she casually mentioned Bobby slipped his lead when she decided to walk him at the park (she was just supposed to let him in the back yard to pee) and she had to stop traffic on busy road to get him to come to her!

Yes, we are still friends, Bobby was fine and I would not have known unless she told me this. Ever since then though ... I don't work overtime without a lunch break long enough to go home and take care of them!

I have to get a key tag that says my dogs are home alone, in case I'm in an accident or something...
 
Wow. That's scary and incredibly negligent. One of the first rules of boarding is safety.
Yes it was completely unprofessional and the way she handled it was as well. If I hadn't been there who knows how much more damage would have occur. I felt terrible leaving him there but I had no option or I would have just left.

Oh no, poor Birch. Hope he heals well and quickly. I hope you plan on taking with the person you boarded with about this since it were her dog who caused the damage.
Yes, I talked to her and she is being made responsible for the bill.

1st, I am so glad you caught the problem on Birch and that all is well with that, phew. Unless they are in the bath, or blowing coat, stuff can hide in the forest of their fur!!!
2nd- what is with these people when their dogs go after your dog they DO nothing?:banghead:That makes me livid. Having had encounters where I am pulling off other dogs from my dog while the owners are oblivious makes me so livid.:rage: It is amazing to me how when needed you can hoist up a hefty dog and get rid of it to help your own dog. Then somehow that offends the dog owner, ugh. There is NO way under heaven I am allowing ANY dog to bite my dog, pin my dog, or hurt my dog in any way if I can intervene. Thumbs up for you grabbing that offending mutt. (y) There is a HUGE difference between dog play and dog attacking. Unfortunately, shelties can trigger the prey instinct in bigger dogs. :(

I was livid believe me. Birch's breeder Rachel was even more livid then me. She has a boarding kennel and we both know this person, we had no idea. Never again will I leave them any place but Rachel's, I will just stay home otherwise.:mad:
 
Always tough. The guys stay with my folks or brother. I 100% trust both to do the absolute best they can and still worry. They are still getting used to my brother's Shepherd puppy but he does keep a very close eye on things. At Mom's they rule and Spitfire and Mom are best buddies (of course Sca loves everyone).

Good that Birch is seemingly unaffected mentally as the rest will heal.

And Sca said if his tummy is to sore to get cookies anyway and send them by the evil brown truck.
 
Yes it was completely unprofessional and the way she handled it was as well. If I hadn't been there who knows how much more damage would have occur. I felt terrible leaving him there but I had no option or I would have just left.


Yes, I talked to her and she is being made responsible for the bill.

People are becoming so "out to lunch" lately. I am so glad you are getting restitution. It isn't worth risking a beloved pet with someone who appears to be rather clueless. I get accidents happen, but many times can be prevented with an ounce of common sense

I was livid believe me. Birch's breeder Rachel was even more livid then me. She has a boarding kennel and we both know this person, we had no idea. Never again will I leave them any place but Rachel's, I will just stay home otherwise.:mad:
 
I guess the lucky thing is that it was Birch. He is strong and big. If it had been Justice or Ember, they may have been killed or more seriously injured.

Justice is sort of frail at 14yrs. I don't know what may have happened if it had been him. He was standing right next to Birch.
 
I had to pull a 90 lb Great Pyrenees off my 30lb Gavin. Apparently, the owner had left out treat bones as her dogs loose interest and Gavin found 'her' previously unwanted bone.
The female went after him, it sounded terrible but it wasn't a full out attack or Gavin would have had some wounds.
And she wonders why Gavin her dogs a wide berth after the initial greetings..and prefers to hang out on the couch out of the way.
If I have to leave him there unsupervised with her dogs for a few hours, Gavin stays in a separate room with a closed door between them!
99% of the time things are fine, but I am not taking chances.
 
Back
Top