Pop up privacy

Caro

Moderator
I am looking for a small, pop up enclosure for making a toilet area - anyone know of something?

Kismet will not toilet away from home. We just had a 2 day flyball comp, I could tell she needed to go but she wouldn't. She was fumbling at the end of the day and I'm sure it was from having a full bladder. When we eventually got home she peed for ages.

Since I've now tried everything I can think of (taking grass from home, a pee pad, fake grass, even a bottle of her own pee and trying to pee myself in front of her) and none of these have worked I'm up to my last option. I'm going to try having a little area where she can pee and if I can teach her to use it at home then maybe I can take it to comps so she'll at least toilet there.

My criteria is it needs to have no floor and no roof and be light and easy to carry. I was thinking something like a small xpen but that popped up. Any one have an idea of what I could use? I've looked at privacy tents but they are taller than me and not open at the top (she won't even pee under the gazebo I put out when we're having a lot of rain)
 
Off the wall idea, What about a kids play tent. Amazon has different ones in the 25 to 30 dollar range. Some do not have floors and lay flat when not in use. My son has 1 when he was young and it was less than 4 ft tall The walls of his were nylon and it was very light .
 
Sca was that way when we went to the Sheltie party. This is not my yard. Even stopped at three rest areas on the way home before the dam burst, thought he was going to was the hill away. Even at flyball he was particular about where preferring unsoiled or lightly soiled areas. Spitfire let fly 20cm into the grass. I wish I could tell you other than she might get over it, good luck.
 
So far no good. I thought the play tent is a good idea, I know they make pop up ones, but so far not having much luck getting a stable one without a floor. There is a tent/ball pit that I could maybe cut the bottom out of but it's $47, which is a bit steep if it doesn't work.

You know if I find something that works I reckon I should patent it!

I need to bring a boy dog into the house!
 
What about something like this, but smaller? It looks like it might be easy to make out of PVC and fabricA40327-Tri-Panel-Barrier.png , just got to work out about the connector/clamp thing
 
I dunno - is it really privacy like that causing her issues or just unfamiliar ground to potty on?
A bit of both. She doesn't understand where she can toilet, but when she does toilet at home or in other backyards, she pees in private.

The screen would denote an area to pee (which also provides some privacy). I'm thinking along the lines of training it's use like crate training or treat platforms. Luckily at home she has spots she prefers to pee (in corners) so I'll put the screen up there, and over time catch the behaviour and reward it and then see if I can move the screen around the yard and get her to pee near it. I know it's going to take a while but I've run out of other ideas (she's 3 years old already). And it will be more pleasant than carrying around a stinky pee pad!

And hey, if it works I might be able to sell them to other dog people who may need to screen a crate or dog bowl or something. Need to find something to pay the mortgage.
 
Back
Top