Pumpkin Shortage

Also, for anyone who ends up throwing away partially used cans because their dog doesn't eat that much, I use an ice cube tray and freeze an entire can at a time into ice cubes. Then I can just take them out as needed and the rest of the can doesn't go to waste.
 
Also, for anyone who ends up throwing away partially used cans because their dog doesn't eat that much, I use an ice cube tray and freeze an entire can at a time into ice cubes. Then I can just take them out as needed and the rest of the can doesn't go to waste.

great idea:yes:
 
I have used pumpkin a lot over the years, but when I couldn't find any or was desperate....

sweet potatoes (canned or just regular baked/microwaved) work as well...

Gavin even pulled one off the counter and ate half a raw one!
 
Yikes! I had not heard this

I sell 15-20 cans of organic pumpkin in my store every week!

Can anyone point me to the link where they read this so I can advise my buyers about this potential shortage?????

Many thanks
Barb
 
Yikes! I had not heard this

I sell 15-20 cans of organic pumpkin in my store every week!

Can anyone point me to the link where they read this so I can advise my buyers about this potential shortage?????

Many thanks
Barb

Barb, I don't have a specific site, but if you Google Pumpkin Shortage, there are many articles there on the subject.
 
I believe the shortage is only affecting the States due to the weather. Canada's season has been pretty good. Historically, about half the pumpkin grown in Canada ends up in the States for sale.
 
I believe the shortage is only affecting the States due to the weather. Canada's season has been pretty good. Historically, about half the pumpkin grown in Canada ends up in the States for sale.

That's exactly what I have been saying. The only thing that would affect our crops would be devastating weather in the next few weeks. There was an article on the CTV web site about this last week.
 
Back
Top