Puppy Behavior question

I know that Shelties are “talkers,” but I just want to make sure I understand what Kester is doing. I’ve noticed that Kester will walk around the room and his posture and attitude indicate a little uncertainty, but he isn’t acting afraid. However, he does this little whine A LOT. My mind immediately says oh he’s too stressed, but the more I watch the more I am thinking this is just normal for shelties? I hope you can see the video. Thanks all!
SO ADORABLE !!!!!!
 
I'm fortunate that Finnie's signal to me when he needs to potty is jumping at the door. He really doesn't do it otherwise. I started Finnie out on a bell but then the bell became 'let me out so I can play' to the point he'd knock it off the wall with his insistence! Off came that bell!
Piper will nudge me when he wants something (and if I haven't mentioned food to him it usually potty time). I trained Piper to ring the bell as well and he was great with it but he had to learn a new way to tell me because of Finnie. Darn Finnie...always the younger dogs fault lol.
 
Back
Top