Puppy behaviour

I did the same thing everyone has described with my puppy: Yelp if he bites too hard. Kip always stops and looks concerned. He is a sensitive guy. I do allow him to play bite as long as he doesn't bite too hard. He is 6 months old and getting pretty gentle, although he sometimes goes completely wild:)

Good luck with your pup!
Thank you! Ha ha I sometimes wish they could talk, to let us know why they go a little wild.
Our girl is beautiful and gentle at times, but just likes to play bite too much.

Thank you.
 
She's possibly teething too. Have you got appropriate things for her to chew on? Work out if she is nipping you at certain times and make sure you have a toy or something to shove in her mouth when she tries to nip. I used wet face washers for mine (to soothe as well as chew).

Also, just like kids, routine, routine, routine. Set times for rest and try making it the same time every day. LIke a child she'll probably resist but like a child she'll be cranky and sooky if she doesn't. That said, some dogs just don't sleep as much as others. Have set times for meals and it helps to have a routine for walks as well. Dogs like to have some certainty in their lives as they have so little control over what happens.

I don't think you can ever love too much, it's all about how you manage things. Do you have some 'puppy alone' play times? Where your pup learns to entertain itself, usually with a Kong or kibble/treat dispenser - they also need to develop some self sufficiency to help prvent separation anxiety.
 
Thank you! Ha ha I sometimes wish they could talk, to let us know why they go a little wild.
Our girl is beautiful and gentle at times, but just likes to play bite too much.

Thank you.
It seems like you are doing a good job with your puppy. When she bites, like others have said, act like it hurts and don't play with her for a few minutes, try playing with her again, if she bites again stop playing. She'll get it.
 
Back
Top