Puppy hates collar and harness

The situation now is that when I take the collar she will be the first in line to put it on:lol:. So I hold the collar and she will put her head alone in it and be very excited. The harness is still not good for her. Or maybe I don't know what shape of the harness most suits her. But anyway she doesn't like the proces of putting the harness on after we are passed that she doesn't notice what she is wearing.. But I rarely use it because I prefer how excited she goes for the collar:winkgrin:
 
Sounds exactly like Tully! Eventually she forgot to hate the collar and will stick her head through the hole before I get a chance to put it on.

It took her about 10 years to not put up a fight over the harness though.:rolleyes2:
 
Beau doesn't mind a collar of any type put on, but I cannot walk him without a harness because he is very strong and car reactive. He has been through multiple harnesses trying to find one that he doesn't mind. We tried the EZ-Walk but I didn't like the shoulder restiction and since he didn't like it--that went. Then we tried the Lupine No-Pull. He actually didn't and still doesn't mind this one being put on (I think because nothing in on his neck except his collar and there is only a girth strap) but I don't like the way it pulls his head down. https://www.lupinepet.com/store/dogs/dog-harnesses/no-pull-training-harnesses
Then we tried the Perfect Fit--which no matter how many permutations we tried wasn't. He hates this one put on--and it does not go over his head. I have now given up on it. Then there is his car harness--we gave up on that for many reasons.

Finally we are on the Balance harness. https://www.blue-9.com/pages/balance-harness
The idea being it is closer to the Lupine and light and can be adjusted completely. This is new but so far he isn't running away from it quite as much. So fingers crossed this one will be the answer. He gets clicked and treated when he gets near it and when it is on--same as with all the others.

My previous sheltie did not pull or lunge, so we generally walked him with only a collar. He also didn't mind having a harness put on. Frankly, I just think Beau dislikes all restrictions. :) That's my Beau.
 
Back
Top