Puppy names

Well he's been here a full week. What a whirlwind and finally it well settle down and we can get to know each other! I'm sleep deprived and not totally coherent, lost my car keys and found them in the glove compartment of the car?! Found that I did some very early morning shopping and spent money on some very silly things.

He's learning his name, has met easily 20 people, played with a dozen other sheltie puppies, visited five homes (backyards) and other shelties. He's met a couple of border collies and a terror (spelling appropriate, but incorrect. :D ) He hasn't gone to any public parks, my friends are safe, their dogs are well vetted. I'm not so big on him meeting other dogs this coming week, I want him to focus and bond with me more. He hasn't cracked the code to Justus and Flyer, he keeps trying to be included but they continue to show teeth and let him know he's not welcome.

I'm spending a few minutes each day teaching him in itty bitty bits about sit - down - stand, trying to encourage baby tug, baby come, and I get so happy if he picks up a toy, or anything in his mouth.

He's been on the grooming table for treats, been introduced to the little battery operated clippers (for feet) - had a quickie nail trim, a light brushing (oh my the fuzzy fur, like puppy breath it's intoxicating!) He's met a boy with a skateboard and even jumped on it himself and rolled a few inches!

I just love puppies, especially my own. Heart.

Do it Piper's Mom, it's as good as a youth tonic for the heart!
 
This sounds like he's off to a great start. Hopefully the two older boys will melt a bit. It definitely took Faith a while but now she and Meadow are very good buddies and play a lot. We had a friend over today with a 16 week old Sheltie girl - Meadow has met her twice before and is afraid of her for some reason. The pup is quite respectful but wants to play with Meadow, and Meadow hides behind me. After about a half hour they finally chased a bit. The amazing thing was, Faith really likes the little pup! She is a tri also so it's her mini-me. Faith is definitely not usually big on puppies.
 
Well he's been here a full week. What a whirlwind and finally it well settle down and we can get to know each other! I'm sleep deprived and not totally coherent, lost my car keys and found them in the glove compartment of the car?! Found that I did some very early morning shopping and spent money on some very silly things.

He's learning his name, has met easily 20 people, played with a dozen other sheltie puppies, visited five homes (backyards) and other shelties. He's met a couple of border collies and a terror (spelling appropriate, but incorrect. :D ) He hasn't gone to any public parks, my friends are safe, their dogs are well vetted. I'm not so big on him meeting other dogs this coming week, I want him to focus and bond with me more. He hasn't cracked the code to Justus and Flyer, he keeps trying to be included but they continue to show teeth and let him know he's not welcome.

I'm spending a few minutes each day teaching him in itty bitty bits about sit - down - stand, trying to encourage baby tug, baby come, and I get so happy if he picks up a toy, or anything in his mouth.

He's been on the grooming table for treats, been introduced to the little battery operated clippers (for feet) - had a quickie nail trim, a light brushing (oh my the fuzzy fur, like puppy breath it's intoxicating!) He's met a boy with a skateboard and even jumped on it himself and rolled a few inches!

I just love puppies, especially my own. Heart.

Do it Piper's Mom, it's as good as a youth tonic for the heart!
Your so right 2Good...especially after this year!
Lol I chatted with the breeder this evening, she'd posted a video of the pups and I couldn't believe how big they were! 5 weeks old on Tuesday. She said the girl is 'stunning'...she can come home January 26th! Booked my holiday time today. Now I need a name lol...
 
Speaking of big! I put Seger on the table today. He's 11.1 pounds, 14 weeks, and 12.5 inches. I think he's going to be big. I'm so stressing about ears, I have to drive an hour each way for someone to tape them, and I pray she gets it to stick better this time! I've watched some YouTube's and if this were not a co-owned puppy show prospect, I would do them myself!

He's funny, sweet and this morning I had him chasing and retrieving a mini ball!!!! Good puppy!!!! He's enrolled in puppy competition class that starts in two weeks. He comes, sits and downs but has nothing but a nano second stay... I loves him.

Here's some recent pics... (if I do this right)
 
Back
Top