Puppy play date fail

that must have given you a heart-attack. During our playdate today Meadow boldly went down a steep slope (the yard is fenced but the hill/slope has bushes so I couldn't see her). Had to run around to the end of the yard and down to search for her only to see her trotting her little confident self up the drainage ditch...:rolleyes2: very casual about it! Then she jumped into their koi pond - totally submerged too. Luckily I was right there and fished her out but she is so fast and determined, I can see I'm gonna have my hands full. Had to bring her home and bathe her and pray she didn't get water all the way down into her ears. :fl Good grief.

So glad Kismet is safe and how brilliant she just turned up at your front door. Holy cow.
 
Lol puppies are fast little things! They have a mind of their own that's for sure!
When Piper was just a wee lad he was on the landing near the top of the stairs near my moms bedroom (I was sitting on the stairs mind you) and Riley saw the danger Piper could be in and he actually herded him away from the stairs by going around him again and again and pushing him away from them. It was quite the thing to see his natural abilities coming out like that.
 
that must have given you a heart-attack. During our playdate today Meadow boldly went down a steep slope (the yard is fenced but the hill/slope has bushes so I couldn't see her). Had to run around to the end of the yard and down to search for her only to see her trotting her little confident self up the drainage ditch...:rolleyes2: very casual about it! Then she jumped into their koi pond - totally submerged too. Luckily I was right there and fished her out but she is so fast and determined, I can see I'm gonna have my hands full. Had to bring her home and bathe her and pray she didn't get water all the way down into her ears. :fl Good grief.

So glad Kismet is safe and how brilliant she just turned up at your front door. Holy cow.
Kismet went for a dip in Sammy's pond the first time she visited too. I think these little Sheltie girls are a little more independent, adventurous, headstrong and smarter than the boys. Sounds like you'll have your hands full too!
 
I think these little Sheltie girls are a little more independent, adventurous, headstrong and smarter than the boys.

Oh dear, hubby is talking about a female pup in the Fall. When we bought Brodie, the breeder had a little girl she was growing out to see if she was breedable. She flirted terribly with hubby and hubby kept offering to buy her but the breeder wanted none of it unless she didn't develop properly. Well she is due to be bred this Fall and we are already on a list. For a female, we are 3rd on the list unless #2 drops out, for a male, 1st. I think hubby is a bit jealous of how bonded Brodie is to me. Brodie loves both of us, but often, I have to give Brodie the ok to go off with daddy. And Brodie is my shadow, not quite a velcro dog as he doesn't stick to me, but follows me everywhere all day long.
 
Back
Top