Registering with Agility Associations

Silaria

Forums Sage
I have what may be a silly question regarding registering for Edan and I to compete in agility associations; specially TDAA and CPE for the moment.

Both organizations ask for the dogs "Call Name"; which I know refers to the name I use for him every day - Edan.

TDAA, however, asks for the "Dog's Full Name" on their form as well as the Call Name. Technically Edan's Full Name (which I am interpreting to be his AKC Registered Name) is "Casia's Pistol Pete", which I'd rather not use outside of AKC events where I'm required to use it.

Can I just put "Edan" down as his Full Name for TDAA registration or do I have to put his AKC name down for his Full Name?
 
Agility

Sheri -
I am not real sure on the full name for either venue but I would say Yes( and I am only guessing)and the reason for saying it is because they give titles to your dog with the full name on it.Plus the full name on the title makes nice for framing.Like when Shadow got his MACH his title now says MACH Asharon's Winter Fire XF.Hope it helps
 
I'd be more apt to want to use his registered name, Casia's Pistol Pete, if I actually liked the name or could change it something I liked.

I did use it on the CGC because its an AKC award but when I look at the certificate it doesn't feel like my dog even though I'm proud of him and it. (That probably makes no sense but I hope you know what I mean.)
 
Thanks everyone.

Edan was neutered at 8 months so I know he hasn't sired any litters. He also doesn't hold any AKC titles, just the CGC award which doesn't count. (I can actually have the CGC transferred to his new name.)

At this point, I just need to get in touch with the breeder to see if she'll approve the name change and use of the kennel name in the new name. I don't think it will be a problem since, back when I purchased Edan I asked about changing his name and she said if I could figure out how to do it, she's be OK with it as long as I keep her kennel name there.

The name I'd like to use when I submit the forms: Casia's Celtic Fire. (Edan means "Fire" in Scottish Gaelic and at one time in history the Celts occupied what is modern day Ireland and Scottland.)
 
Last edited:
I just spoke to his breeder tonight and she's OK with changing his name and she likes the name I chose for him. We are going to visit her on Saturday (she lives about an hour away form me), provided the weather is decent, and she'll sign the form giving me permission to (1) user her kennel name in his new name and (2) the permission to change his registered name.

She also said she likes his new name. :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top