Roxy update

wow- Roxy is all grown up now and beautiful:yes:
glad that you were able to get her into the ER right away and knew what she got into- never figured out what sent Cran to the ER last fall.....
She is so grown up! I just realized pretty my next auto ship I’m probably going to need to order dog food instead of puppy food.:arghh:

She gets to sleep outside her crate now and get short periods of unsupervised freedom during the day... an hour here and there while I run errands.

I come home and the cat is sleeping on the couch, Watson is snoozing in his spot and everyone is is DRY! So I can tell there has been no mayhem!
 
Wow, scary! I'm glad she's ok!
She's turning into a beautiful girl!
When Finnie came home I dug up all my lily of the valley...I knew of the dangers (I didn't worry about it so much with Piper, he eats grass but that's about it) and figured with a puppy everything goes in the mouth. Even now he's 2 1/2 and everything still goes in the mouth! I got mulch for my flower bed and knew Finnie would be picking it out so went with a pet safe pine bark mulch...all natural. And yup...every day I'm picking it up and putting it back lol.

This is not encouraging!!! I had hoped she would quickly outgrow having to taste everything.
 
So glad Roxy is okay. My goodness, she is all grown! Your fence is beautiful and I loved watching her play! She is FAST!

Lots of plants are toxic. I was so careful with gardening and been doing it for 20 years. Learned last year in my classes with Brodie that fruit pits contain arsenic. DOWN came the nectarine tree once I told hubby what I learned. It was beautiful in bloom, but the squirrels robbed us - in all the years we never got to eat 1 nectarine and sadly, they left the pits all over the yard.
 
Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware that lily-of-the-valley was poisonous, nor foxglove. I don't have any of those on my property but Devon and I take long walks and now that I know what they look like I'll make sure he doesn't get into any as he still likes to eat strange stuff and he'll be two in a couple of weeks.

This week's new item on the menu is bees. A couple of times now he's gone up to one particular bush on our walking route that's currently flowering and has a lot of bees hanging around it. At first I didn't know what he was doing as he was near the bush just snapping at the air, but then I saw the bees around it and those were what he was going after <sigh>. Fortunately he didn't get one and get stung inside the mouth, which would have likely required a trip to the vet ER. Now I have to keep the leash reeled in as we go by because he's still trying to get to that bush.
 
Angus eats everything. I have been converting some old Super 8 family videos and the other day he barfed up a rubber band he ate. I am sure it used to be on one of the reels but have no idea how he got it.


There is nothing worse than when you walk into a room and they have something in their mouth, and when you tell them to drop it and start going after them the first thing they do is run and the second thing they do is swallow whatever it is that they have before you can catch them. Then you spend the next few hours fretting about whether or not to call the vet, take them to the emergency clinic (90% of the time it happens at night or on a holiday weekend because they plan it that way), make them throw up, etc.........
 
There is nothing worse than when you walk into a room and they have something in their mouth, and when you tell them to drop it and start going after them the first thing they do is run and the second thing they do is swallow whatever it is that they have before you can catch them. Then you spend the next few hours fretting about whether or not to call the vet, take them to the emergency clinic (90% of the time it happens at night or on a holiday weekend because they plan it that way), make them throw up, etc.........
As much as Angus is like a goat if I tell him not yours he drops whatever he has found right away.
 
There is nothing worse than when you walk into a room and they have something in their mouth, and when you tell them to drop it and start going after them the first thing they do is run and the second thing they do is swallow whatever it is that they have before you can catch them.
So fun to read about :winkgrin: but fortunately I have never tried this with any of my dogs.

Once I went for a walk with my old male GSD on Christmas Day
and he ran without a leash
- I saw him pick up something, what he normally never would do,
so it must be delicious - I shouted "release"
and out came a big piece of a hull from Christmas Eve duck rose (?)

Must say i was a huge proud mom :yes:
After all, I had not thought that would happen :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top