Sad Shelties

Molly and Harry are really sad. They're on a diet. We went from free range food to those two being fed twice a day ( 1/2 cup each feeding), with Nupro supplement. Luke is getting 1 c in the morning, 1 1/2 c in the afternoon, and another 1 c at night if he wants it. He's a skinny/muscled guy, and he needs the extra energy (he runs it off so quickly!), while Moose and Harry are...fluffy. Molly has no ribs at all, and you really have to press in to feel Harry's. Poor Shelties! I thought I was going to get a revolt!

Baxter sends sympathy to Molly and Harry. He's been on his diet since July. I don't think he'll ever adjust to the food reduction. He eats and still looks for more. Good luck Molly and Harry hope this goes quick.
 
Chinook sends his sympathy too. He's been on a reduced portion since the summer. Finally we have ribs and very sad sheltie eyes. Good luck!!
 
Bacca and Indy send their sympathies as well.

Both boys are transitioning to Adult "Maintenance" food (still grain-free from Now!) Morning time is a riot, and if I'm home from work early (e.g. weekends, I get the "nose pushes" starting at 3 p.m. for their normal 4:30 p.m. feed)

"We're starving, starving, starving!! We are going to report you!"
 
I've no doubt! Molly's sire, Jock, had to be on a scheduled feed because of the same problem...I just feel so sorry for them!

And then they get so excited when it's food time....

Although, I really don't like being woken up at 8 am to feed them. My fiance works, and feeds them in the morning before work (I sleep until 10 or so...), and since it's new years, he's off...so I get Luke huffing at me, beside the bed until I feed him! :lol:

He just sits there and stares...then "huff". I look at him. He huffs again. And again until I get up... stupid smart Sheltie!

8 am- if only Callie would sleep that late- our alarm is set for 6:20 but someone always does the huff thing a little too early :yes:
 
Back
Top