Sandstorm and brushing

Terrific! I will take it off my to-do list for now!

But someday I will write a Sheltie Grooming for Dummies (just kidding!) :wink2::wink2:

:winkgrin: Can you also write instructions for people who look for their car keys while they are pulling out of their driveways? I did that this morning. :eek2:
Karen
 
I just watched a Youtube video with a person using both a furminator and a slicker type of brush, very interesting. It was good to see that I am doing it right, although Megan won't lay on her side and enjoy it like the Sheltie in the video :rolleyes2:
 
How do you know if their undercoat needs to be brushed out :confused2: and how do you know if you're getting to it or not??:biggrin2:

Believe me, you'll know! You will see the butt expand to about 2 times normal size. You run your hand down the dog and your fingers get stuck.

Serously though, you should be line brushing at least every 1 to 2 weeks (though I know that some do it ever more often than that). If you go longer, once your pup is past puppyhood, you will have undercoat that needs attention.

Indy's butt is about 3 times his normal size. He definitely needs to be brushed out, then to the groomer for a bath to blow away the rest. Then another brush to brush away the by-blow.


Did I say was looking forward to spring? I think I changed my mind. Muddy/Poopy paws and scraggly dogs. They both look like rescues at the moment.
 
Believe me, you'll know! You will see the butt expand to about 2 times normal size. You run your hand down the dog and your fingers get stuck.

Serously though, you should be line brushing at least every 1 to 2 weeks (though I know that some do it ever more often than that). If you go longer, once your pup is past puppyhood, you will have undercoat that needs attention.

Indy's butt is about 3 times his normal size. He definitely needs to be brushed out, then to the groomer for a bath to blow away the rest. Then another brush to brush away the by-blow.


Did I say was looking forward to spring? I think I changed my mind. Muddy/Poopy paws and scraggly dogs. They both look like rescues at the moment.


Haha, I know what you mean...

Megan gets brushed everyday, but I don't use the furminator every brush. Sheesh this Sheltie coat is beautiful, but that beauty takes time and energy :eek2:
 
Believe me, you'll know! You will see the butt expand to about 2 times normal size. You run your hand down the dog and your fingers get stuck.

Serously though, you should be line brushing at least every 1 to 2 weeks (though I know that some do it ever more often than that). If you go longer, once your pup is past puppyhood, you will have undercoat that needs attention.

Indy's butt is about 3 times his normal size. He definitely needs to be brushed out, then to the groomer for a bath to blow away the rest. Then another brush to brush away the by-blow.


Did I say was looking forward to spring? I think I changed my mind. Muddy/Poopy paws and scraggly dogs. They both look like rescues at the moment.

:lol: Sandstorms butt looks much smaller now!!! His butt looked so big because of the fur!! I was calling him big butt, but now he is just Silly Pants. :yes:
Karen
 
Haha, I know what you mean...

Megan gets brushed everyday, but I don't use the furminator every brush. Sheesh this Sheltie coat is beautiful, but that beauty takes time and energy :eek2:

Well, I figure I give myself a bath and a blow dry daily....perhaps its not so much to ask myself to do the occasional for them to make them beautiful too!


But I have to admit they don't the full bath until they really start to stink or fell greasy. In between, I maintain them with Show Off (a dry shampoo!). And this time of year, no bath at all, until things dry up. No point.
 
Back
Top