Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Scientific Study on RAW/Homecooked/kibble

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by marymrumfelt, Apr 27, 2012.

1. marymrumfelt

marymrumfelt Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    That as an amusing story! Mine can barely handle a 8lb chicken and I have three of them working on it but yeah I bet a group of huskys could made do with a deer in a week. I think deer is the absolute best thing a dog can eat! I'm moving to the east coast soon and I hope it's accessible there like it is here. In the summer, we might have to re-think things as the flies are pretty gross but right now it's cool out and it keeps them busy for hours. They don't gain weight either which is funny because when I control their amounts they seem to gain it easier lol ;)

2. Sunflower77

Sunflower77 Forums Regular

Feb 6, 2019
    Taking kibble out of the comparison, this is what the researchers said about raw vs cooked beef diet based on their research: “Our results indicated that cooking a raw meat diet does not alter apparent total tract energy and macronutrient digestibility and may also minimize risk of microbial contamination.”

Piper's mom likes this.