Shampoo

I love the CC products. I use Show Off (dry shampoo) and Ice on Ice (conditioner), and of course the brushes (to die for)

I never tried their other shampoos, but if they are as good as the products I've tried, then you can't go wrong.

I would be inclined to use the Clean Start Clarifying Shampoo however, rather than White on White, Red on Red - those are also colour treatments.

p.s. Has anybody every tried the Thick N Thicker spray????
 
I would recommend Fluffy Puppy shampoo. Our breeder uses it, and it's good stuff. Not harsh at all. And Petsmart carries it (at least the one by us does). We didn't recognize it initially, so here's what the bottle looks like.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluffy-Puppy-Tearless-Shampoo-12/dp/B0002YFPE0

On our first trip to the pet store we picked up another brand ("Perfect Coat"), and that one didn't work at all... it caused my husband to have an allergic reaction and made Buffy's skin all flaky :( Fluffy Puppy seems nice and gentle and did not cause irritation in either my husband or the pup.
 
I love the CC products. I use Show Off (dry shampoo) and Ice on Ice (conditioner), and of course the brushes (to die for)

I never tried their other shampoos, but if they are as good as the products I've tried, then you can't go wrong.

I would be inclined to use the Clean Start Clarifying Shampoo however, rather than White on White, Red on Red - those are also colour treatments.

p.s. Has anybody every tried the Thick N Thicker spray????


I use Clean Start Clarifying Shampoo followed by After Bath for Justice. He gets an oily build up on his back and tail over time, no matter how much I line brush him so I use it 4-6wks and love it. He has a beautiful harsh texture to his coat. It's almost water proof and nothing sticks to it. Very low maintance.:biggrin2:

On Ember, I have used White on White or all systems whitening Shampoo. I don't use a conditioner as her coat gets too soft and then the burrs love her.

Still looking for the right shampoo for Diva, she is still getting her adult coat and haven't found a shampoo that doesn't make her coat overly soft. She doesn't have any undercoat right now.:(

My friend likes the biogroom line, I know I have seen that it the store.

Barb, I have used thick and thicker spray when showing. It is more like a hair spray so I don't like using it on a regular basis if out showing. Makes coat feel harsher and helps it stick up when brushed.
 
I think most of the dogs on this particular thread are show dogs, which mine is not. However, I wanted to ask if anyone had ever used the Furminator Shampoo and Deshedding Solution, which is basically conditioner? Devlin's coat is always beautiful and the Deshedding Solution makes it very easy to brush out and keep from being tangled. He is an oversized, mahogny sable so ease of grooming is important to me.

I noticed a few people mentioned certain products made their dog's coats TOO soft. If you don't have a show dog and the rough coat isn't really an issue, is a rougher coat more manageable? Do they shed less if you don't use conditioner? I always did to make it easier to brush Dev out.

Thanks! :smile2:
 
I use Clean Start Clarifying Shampoo followed by After Bath for Justice. He gets an oily build up on his back and tail over time, no matter how much I line brush him so I use it 4-6wks and love it. He has a beautiful harsh texture to his coat. It's almost water proof and nothing sticks to it. Very low maintance.:biggrin2:

On Ember, I have used White on White or all systems whitening Shampoo. I don't use a conditioner as her coat gets too soft and then the burrs love her.

Still looking for the right shampoo for Diva, she is still getting her adult coat and haven't found a shampoo that doesn't make her coat overly soft. She doesn't have any undercoat right now.:(

My friend likes the biogroom line, I know I have seen that it the store.

Barb, I have used thick and thicker spray when showing. It is more like a hair spray so I don't like using it on a regular basis if out showing. Makes coat feel harsher and helps it stick up when brushed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Since I don't show, I definitely won't use the thick spray. Totally unnecessary.

Bacca is like Justice - his coat gets oily too and tends to lie flat. I wonder if my groomer would use this shampoo if I asked her instead of what she normally uses.

And I don't know what to use on Indy....he has a very thick undercoat, but his overcoat is still like a puppy! Short and soft. He looks like he needs to lose about 20 lbs - it all sticks out!

I'll take a look at the biogroom line too. Thanks!
 
I think most of the dogs on this particular thread are show dogs, which mine is not. However, I wanted to ask if anyone had ever used the Furminator Shampoo and Deshedding Solution, which is basically conditioner? Devlin's coat is always beautiful and the Deshedding Solution makes it very easy to brush out and keep from being tangled. He is an oversized, mahogny sable so ease of grooming is important to me.

I noticed a few people mentioned certain products made their dog's coats TOO soft. If you don't have a show dog and the rough coat isn't really an issue, is a rougher coat more manageable? Do they shed less if you don't use conditioner? I always did to make it easier to brush Dev out.

Thanks! :smile2:
I just noticed that when the coat is softer,it mats more easily and collects debris more easily. I think genetics is the most important factor. Bathing just enhances what you got. I could bathe Justice in any thing and his coat would be the same. Ember's coat has a more cottony feel to it. If I over soften it with conditioning it gets wavy, hangs weird on her body and collects burrs like a magnet. If you like the product you are using on Devlin and the way it effects his coat, keep using it. I've used some products that did nothing for my dogs when others raved about it.:smile2:.
 
Thanks for all the input. I thought the clarifying CC shampoo was more to wash out all the hair stuff after showing a dog. It's not too harsh on just a regular coat, with no additives short of the Ice product?

The white-on-white products says to let it sit for ten minutes. Does everyone do this?

Though I said I didn't really want to order, I am considering buying two of the mini 4 packs. The white-on-white and gold-on-gold shampoo. The red sounds like you could have a dye issue.
 
Thanks for all the input. I thought the clarifying CC shampoo was more to wash out all the hair stuff after showing a dog. It's not too harsh on just a regular coat, with no additives short of the Ice product?

The white-on-white products says to let it sit for ten minutes. Does everyone do this?

Though I said I didn't really want to order, I am considering buying two of the mini 4 packs. The white-on-white and gold-on-gold shampoo. The red sounds like you could have a dye issue.

I use CC clarifying followed by the after bath conditioner with Justice. His skin gets oily by the time he gets his next bath. The clafiying is the only thing that breaks up the oil. Doesn't seem to harsh. Interested in others opinions.:smile2:

I follow the directions on the white on white and other products regarding dilutions and leave on time. That seems to work best.
 
Thanks for all the input. I thought the clarifying CC shampoo was more to wash out all the hair stuff after showing a dog. It's not too harsh on just a regular coat, with no additives short of the Ice product?

The white-on-white products says to let it sit for ten minutes. Does everyone do this?

Though I said I didn't really want to order, I am considering buying two of the mini 4 packs. The white-on-white and gold-on-gold shampoo. The red sounds like you could have a dye issue.
I have not ever let it set 10 minutes,on a small pup,just learning what bath time is all about,I would find this next to impossible. When I used it on Earnhardt,no I did'nt let it set that long either. And he'll stay in a tub indefinately if I let him~

I do like the product,as it does not take much,but as far as fragrance,it's nearly nill. I'm kinda a fragrance person. BUT..if you use the other products,after bath & conditioner,now those have a nice fragrance.They look and feel wonderful after the bath.

Of course I'm only dealing with new puppy coat here on Trapp,so it will be interesting as his coat gets thicker.
 
Last edited:
Just an update.

Today I received my CC shampoo. I ordered a bottle of the white on white and a four pack featuring the gold on gold. So I put the purple on the white fur and the gold on the rest. Then I did the thicker application and the after bath application. I didn't apply the ice until I started brushing. Normally I do shampoo followed with conditioner. Then apply the ice when I brush.

Her hair looks very pretty. But I don't really think she looks much different. It does seem to shine in the sunlight, but that's something we are not seeing much of these days. I can't really tell if the gold really did anything. Maybe I just didn't leave it in long enough. Probably the only way would be to wash half the dog in the new stuff and half in the old. I will say that I do like the way she smells. Really no smell just clean. (If that makes any sense.)

So to sum it up, I am not displeased with the products. The products seemed to wash out fairly easy. As I continue to use the gold shampoo I will make the decision whether it is really doing anything for the color. The other products seem to make the coat easier to brush when wet. And since I already had the ice product I would have to assume it is either the thicker or after bath product. She did seem to dry fairly quickly and I don't know if that has anything to do with the products.

So I will probably reorder the products, its just up in the air as to whether I really need to put that many on her. Her hair does feel kind of silky which wouldn't be a good thing if you are showing. However, I don't know whether that's the after bath or the ice product. Personally I like the feel even if they are supposed to have a stiffer coat.
 
Back
Top