Shavers for paws and poop chute

orcaluvur

Forums Regular
Anybody have any suggestions for a type or brand or size of a shaver i can use for trimming the hair on the paws and doing the poop chute? I have searched through the grooming folder and havent found anything specific. Someone did mention they used a women's bikini razor? There are so many types out there i dont know where to start!
 
I use moustache scissors for clipping around the paws and between the pad. They have rounded ends.
 
I use a beard trimmer for the hair between the pads. I got it at Walmart, can't remember the brand, but it's about 1 inch wide and is rechargeable, and was $10. I do have small scissors with rounded tips recommended for pets, but the beard trimmer is so much easier.

Luckily I haven't had to do anything about the poop chute yet. I'm sure that day will come.
 
I have a little battery operated trimmer made by Wahl. I got it from amazon. They don't make the exact one I have, but there are plenty on amazon
 
I use moustache scissors for clipping around the paws and between the pad. They have rounded ends.

Yes, rounded ends are a nice safety feature.

Mine was Fromm brand with a slightly curved blade. I got mine from some pet/grooming retailer, and I think they called them "whisker scissors".

(I never trimmed my boy's whiskers though. My theory was that whiskers are a useful safety feature.)
 
I use a conair bikini shaver. Trult! Its pink and you can get at walmart for about $15. I love it. Mine finally dued and i bought a new one. Even comes with a handy pouch which i use to store the shaver as well as all my scissors. I think it was Melissa that got me on it. Super gentle, battery operated, quiet (so it doesn't freak out the dogs). Best ever!
 
FYI, I went through 2 of those $8-9 Wahl ones in their Pet section. Not one of them worked, they have a weird spring-loaded thing in the battery compartment that I've never seen on any product in my life that uses AA battery's.
Would not suggest that particular one.
Edit- Just ordered this one, looks like for just a little more you'll get a lot more veratility and length options.
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-5537-500...3557&sr=1-4&keywords=trimmer+battery+operated


I use a beard trimmer for the hair between the pads. I got it at Walmart, can't remember the brand, but it's about 1 inch wide and is rechargeable, and was $10. I do have small scissors with rounded tips recommended for pets, but the beard trimmer is so much easier.

Luckily I haven't had to do anything about the poop chute yet. I'm sure that day will come.
 
Last edited:
FYI, I went through 2 of those $8-9 Wahl ones in their Pet section. Not one of them worked, they have a weird spring-loaded thing in the battery compartment that I've never seen on any product in my life that uses AA battery's.
Would not suggest that particular one.
Edit- Just ordered this one, looks like for just a little more you'll get a lot more veratility and length options.
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-5537-500...3557&sr=1-4&keywords=trimmer+battery+operated

Its definitely worth spending the money to get something a bit bigger and more powerful. I've had my Wahl Peanut for 3 years now and use it on my three shelties feet, poop chutes and bellies (the girls anyway). I oil it regularly and its still going strong.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/wahl-peanut/SBS-785685,default,pd.html

Comes in a cordless variety too.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/cordless-clipper-trimmer/SBS-785684,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH
 
Back
Top