Shedmonster ??

I googled "shed monster sheltie" and it came up with an amazon review from someone that used it on their sheltie...

"3.0 out of 5 stars De-shedding tool
This de-shedding tool works alright on dogs with the correct length hair - if their hair is too short, or too long for the specific de-shedding tool, it doesn't work all that well. I have 3 dogs, with 3 different types of fur - it takes too much hair off of my Sheltie, and not enough off of my short-haired dog.
Published 3 months ago by Joan Stuart"


I had this in my hand at Walmart last night but decided against it. There should be no quick way to groom a sheltie..I spend 4 hours a week per dog, and if you use a pin brush, slicker, and undercoat take, you rarely need anything else (unless you show or something).
 
Just wanted to stop in and say this really seems to work quite well. I've been raking and combing with what I think is a greyhound type brush http://www.petco.com/product/105943...reed-Pet-Comb-Professional-Non-Slip-Grip.aspx
for a week or two, and have had handful after handful of undercoat come out. So I picked one of these up, and darned if it didn't go over the areas where the rake picked up nothing and just come away clogged with soft undercoat. Tried it when he was moderately damp, and it does pull primarily guard hair, so be forewarned.
I can brush down the length of his body and still only come up with undercoat and no guard hair.

For $15 and a little care, it is a great addition to the usual brush/combs.
 
Back
Top